Administrator - Hamilton Food Share
Hamilton Food Share is seeking a full-time Administrator to join the team. This position reports directly to the Business Manager with key responsibilities in Central Administration, Financial & Accounting, Facility and Property, and Special Projects.
Central Administration: ensures efficient operation of the administrative office that is central to the organization by providing direction and coordinating the overall operation of Administration.
- Ensure charitable tax receipting is completed in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency regulations.
- Provide administrative support as needed which may include some or all aspects of gift processing.
- Assist with ordering of office, computer, and other supplies.
- Assist in establishing effective administrative systems and policies/manuals.
- Assist in the purchasing and upgrade of computers, printers and other IT accessories.
- Assist with other IT related duties such as basic troubleshooting, system setup for meetings, system moves, and interfacing with the service provider.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures for using technology (computers, phones, security equipment, social media, etc.)
- Provide front office/reception coverage which includes daily lunch coverage in the absence of staff/volunteers and during extremely busy periods.
Financial & Accounting: enters all financial and accounting related transactions regarding operations, reporting, and payroll using financial software and spreadsheets. Follows HFS procedures and ensures compliance with legislated requirements.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping duties including but not limited to accounts payable and receivable, deposits, invoicing, reconciliations, HST rebates, journal entries, and petty cash.
- Weekly payment runs of all accounts payable.
- Process and track all fixed assets and deferred revenue including applicable amortization.
- Reconcile WSIB, EHT, and payroll deductions for annual reporting.
- Payroll functions including reconciling bi-weekly payroll reports using QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets.
- Process year end payroll accrual.
- Prepare and report the cash flow on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Regular reconciliation of payroll and deductions, bank accounts, and fund balances.
- Prepare financial statements and financial notes for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Compile financial information for funding and reporting requirements, as needed.
- Prepare documents as directed for the external annual audit.
- Perform all related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
Facility and Property: negotiates contracts and agreements and oversees renovations, repairs and regular maintenance with external vendors.
- Obtain quotes, prepare written proposals/recommendations for approvals.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements on behalf of Senior Management with external businesses such as security, snow removal, grounds keeping, waste management, maintenance, telephone/mobile phones, facility cleaning, and insurance.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation and approvals have been obtained and are accurate prior to purchasing or entering into agreements.
- Monitor services provided by vendors to ensure they are complying with agreements.
- Optimize and maintain strong vendor relationships while working with internal stakeholders to identify and execute cost-savings opportunities.
- Coordinate and oversee renovations and repairs with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Recommend financial plan for capital fund allocations re: systems replacements and building renovations and repairs.
- Undertake special projects and other related duties consistent with the organization’s objectives as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- Education and/or experience in administration, donor databases, finances/bookkeeping and payroll
- Experience in financial reporting and the annual audit process for the charitable sector
- Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation applicable to the charitable sector
- Extensive knowledge of QuickBooks
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products with a strong skill set in Excel
- High level of proficiency in QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of database systems and their functions (Raiser’s Edge is an asset)
- Ability to adapt and learn new software
- Ability to track, analyze data, and manage accounting information and financial records with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively with individuals in a variety of roles
- An excellent and effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Ability to initiate and complete projects with minimal or no supervision
- Skilled multi-tasker with strong organizational, time management, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of basic financial statements
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is commensurate with skills and experience. An excellent benefits package is included within a healthy and respectful workplace.
Please submit your cover letter and resume (electronically only and preferably as a single PDF document) to email@example.com. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Hamilton Food Share is an equal opportunity employer. We greatly appreciate your interest in applying for this position, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.