Administrator, Finance - Ontario Association of Architects
The Ontario Association of Architects (OAA), the licensing body and regulator for the province’s architectural profession, invites applications for:
The Ontario Association of Architects is seeking an Administrator, Finance (administrator). The Coordinator reports to the Manager, Finance and is responsible for the day to day administration of finance including member services, general accounting, and computer operations. This function also provides backup and office support in the absence of the Manager, Finance.
o Coding all invoices
o Preparation of Bank Reconciliations
o On-line monitoring of association bank account
o Generate and review monthly aged A/R and A/P trial balance
o Preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual reports and payments
o Oversee inventory control
o Assist Manager, Finance with preparation of Budget and Forecast figures.
o Assist Manager, Finance and Auditors with year-end audits, including preparation of year-end reports.
o Assist Administrative Assistance, Finance with applying payments during high volume periods
o Administer student scholarships, medals and school funding
Other activities and responsibilities as assigned
• A University degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience
• Two years of experience in accounts and finance
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong mathematical and accounting skills
• Excellent attention to detail, demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, and dependability
• The ability to maintain a positive team-player attitude, remain calm and professional under pressure, work collaboratively and independently with diverse individuals, and resolve conflicts constructively
• Experience working remotely
• Fluency in French and English – oral/written/comprehension will be considered an asset
This is a full-time position based out of the OAA Headquarters in Toronto, with a start date anticipated for October 18, 2021. During the COVID-19 pandemic, OAA operations are being conducted remotely; it is expected that the successful candidate will also begin this position working from home.
Please submit a resumé in PDF format to OAAHR@oaa.on.ca identifying the position in the subject line, no later than end of day, October 1, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.