Administrative Associate - Black Lives Matter - Canada / Wildseed Centre for Art & Activism
JOB DESCRIPTION – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE
Wildseed Centre for Art & Activism and Black Lives Matter–Canada (BLM-CA) are seeking a Part-Time Administrative Associate. Wildseed is an artist-run centre and community space providing organizational, arts, and events space for the Black community. Black Lives Matter–Canada is a non-profit political formation resolutely committed to the eradication of anti-Black racism. Both are transfeminist, queer affirming organizations politically aligned with supporting Black liberation work across Canada. Wildseed Centre for Art & Activism is a community incubator, rentable space, art gallery, dance studio, a central hub of activity for Black Lives Matter - Canada.
We are committed to providing an accessible process and experience for all applicants and will work with you to meet your access needs. Requests can be made at any phase of the recruitment process and should be sent to managingdirector[at]wildseedcentre[dot]com.
The Administrative Associate will report to and be supervised by the Managing Director.
This work requires:
- Excellent organizational, office management and communication skills.
- Working independently with some direction and guidance.
- Comfortability working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Administrative & tracking skills; the ability to keep accurate and detailed records
- Understanding of and familiarity with Canada’s activist and critical arts landscape, Black liberation organizing, and specifically Black Lives Matter–Canada’s mandate and work.
- Multilingualism is an asset.
JOB TYPE: Part-Time. 20-25 hours per week for the initial phase, with possibility of expansion at a mutually-agreed upon time.
CONTRACT START: May 25, 2021. 90 day probationary period.
PAY: $25-$35 CAD dependent on experience. Paid biweekly.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, & Life Insurance.
LOCATION: Dependent on the work: virtual, remote, or at Wildseed Centre - which is fully compliant with all Municipal, Provincial, and Federal COVID-19 guidelines.
- Organize and maintain administrator emails.
- Support with tracking and archiving documents, forms and minutes for the Board, vendors, artists, specialty groups, etc.
- Building and delivering accurate minutes and action items for relevant meetings.
- Support with data entry.
- Administer donor management system.
- Provide administrative support for cultural content, including the Black Arts Fellowship Program, Live @ Wildseed, and other speciality projects.
- Administer minute-taking, Zoom link creation, and communication between participants for relevant Board, staff and/or planning committee meetings.
- Create relevant contracts, forms, and/or tracking systems as needed.
- Assist with space booking, scheduling, and calendar maintenance.
- Administrative liaising between staff, board, volunteers and community across Wildseed Centre and Black Lives Matter–Canada.
- Proofread, copyedit, and edit content for external communications.
- Willingness to be assigned other duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you have the qualifications to fill this role and feel you could make a meaningful contribution to Wildseed Centre for Art & Activism and Black Lives Matter — Canada, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter in PDF format by May 14, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET to:
Subject: Administrative Associate
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.