Administrative Assistant - Science Borealis
Science Borealis is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant
Join Canada’s fastest growing online science community! As an all-volunteer organization, we are always looking for new enthusiastic team members!
Our values: curiosity, engagement and collaboration
The volunteer Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Science Borealis leadership team. This is a great opportunity for an eager and organized self-starter to develop and improve administrative processes and ensure that key initiatives are running on schedule.
- Schedule and attend monthly Core team meetings (teleconference), circulate the agenda and take meeting minutes
- Schedule and attend bi-monthly Board meetings (teleconference) and take meeting minutes
- Review and prepare documents as well as email correspondence
- File, organize and maintain shared files using Dropbox
- Support the coordination of the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Create reports and spreadsheets
- Create and format promotional an in-house materials for circulation
- Research and assist with the application for grant programs
- Work on special projects
- At least two (2) years’ experience in an administrative role
- Excellent written communications skills in English
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Self-directed, proactive
- Willingness / ability to monitor our Slack workspace regularly
- Proficient in MS Word, Google Docs & Sheets, Gmail
- Familiarity with DropBox is an asset
- Experience with Wordpress is an asset
- Bilingual (English-French) is an asset
- Five (5) hours per month on average, including the commitment to attend a one (1) hour team meeting via teleconference. Hours may increase based on organizational requirements.
- One (1) year, with opportunity for renewal
Why volunteer with us?
- Career development opportunities. Learn new skills through real-world training with experienced, professional mentors – leading to results!
- Expand your professional network. Collaborating with a diverse group of volunteers and stakeholders will increase your connections in the Canadian science community and possibly lead to new opportunities in the future!
- Get involved on your schedule! All of our positions are remote and most require a commitment of 1-3 hours per week on average.
- Elevate your resume. Volunteer experience looks great to potential employers and sets you apart from the competition! We will also provide you with a professional reference if you have volunteered with us for at least 6 months.
- Make an impact! It gives you the opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself and help raise awareness of fact-based, informed science to Canadians.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Thursday August 13, 2020.