Administrative Assistant - PV - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant is the initial point of contact in welcoming residents and their families, visitors and guests and provides a range of services pertaining to the coordination and operation of the administrative, financial and office management functions of the program. This includes typing, filing, photocopying, recording meeting minutes, inventory control, staff scheduling, and receptionist duties. Financial and bookkeeping duties include the preparation of petty cash reports, staff expenses, time sheets, and rent collection. In addition, the Administrative Assistant ensures that the established accounting requirements and practices are implemented in accordance with LOFT Community Services policies and procedures. In liaison with the Director and team, ensure inventory of form letters, general forms, program information, manuals and contact lists are maintained and available upon request. This position requires an individual to have highly developed computer skills, the ability to follow through independently on assigned projects, work effectively in a team, have a good understanding of social services especially in regards to adults with special needs, display a high degree of organizational skills along with a high level of maturity, tact and the ability to relate effectively to people at all levels in a variety of busy work environments.
- Completion of a degree/diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent in a field which is relevant to the position; or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the work of a social service organization;
- Senior administrative support experience (filing, bookkeeping, office procedures);
- Maturity of judgment with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with resident information and other senior level communication with professionalism and tact;
- Ability to interact with adults who have special needs (mental illness, addictions, physical/health challenges) in a caring and compassionate manner;
- Demonstrated administrative support skills, accurate typing skills, knowledge of modern office equipment and computer technology including MS Word and Excel;
- Demonstrated entry level financial accounting skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines, which will require flexibility in work schedule;
- Well developed telephone and interpersonal skills;
- Well-developed customer service communication and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of other languages an asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “JOB TITLE” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2020