Administrative Assistant - Planned Parenthood Toronto
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
FTE STATUS: 0.8FTE (30 hours/week)
DURATION OF POSITION: August 17 – October 9 2020 (8 weeks)
Planned Parenthood Toronto (PPT) is a fully accredited community health centre that provides primary health care services to youth 13 to 29 years as well as health promotion programming, education, training and research to improve the health and well being of Toronto’s diverse communities. We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to work 30 hours per week for an 8 week contract.
With guidance from the Director of Finance and Operations, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Assist with the management of electronic and physical records
- Audit inventory files stored off site: including client medical charts, HR files, finance files, payroll files, programming files and other administrative documents
- Prepare a list of documents to be shredded in accordance with record retention policy
- Scan and enter client registration and other documents into electronic medical records in a timely manner
- Reorganize documents on PPT’s web-based policy management platform
- Audit and update electronic forms templates
- Experience working in an office environment
- Demonstrated careful attention to detail
- Experience with filing, scanning and uploading documents an asset
- Commitment to pro-choice philosophy
- Demonstrated commitment to equity goals and principles, to sexual and reproductive rights, to being youth positive, 2SLGBTQ positive and sex positive and to being inclusive of diverse sexual and gender identities.
- Commitment to working cooperatively in a community-based setting as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Proficiency and experience working in a computerized environment
- Ability to work independently and to complete projects on time
This position is funded by Human Resources and Skills Development under the Canada Summer Jobs initiative.
Based on funding requirements, applicants must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- *International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Please forward letter of interest and resume by July 24, 2020 to:
Hiring Committee (Administrative Assistant)
Planned Parenthood Toronto
36B Prince Arthur Avenue
Toronto, ON M5R 1A9
Fax: (416) 961-2512
PPT is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and to building an organization that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from members of Black, Indigenous, and racialized communities; Two-Spirit, non-binary, trans, lesbian, gay, bisexual and queer people; disabled people; youth; and members of other equity seeking groups.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
PPT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates selected for an interview and for all aspects for the selection process. If an applicant or a successful candidate requests an accommodation, we will discuss their needs with them and make adjustments to support them. We regret to inform that PPT is not a wheelchair accessible space.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Criminal Record Check.