Administrative Assistant Operations - The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
Operations Department at the National Ministry Centre
To faithfully serve the Alliance family as we strive to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered and Mission-focused.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
To serve in the overall operations of the National Ministry Centre and to support the Operations Manager. This permanent full-time position plays a major role in the culture of the National Ministry by assisting in setting the tone for the office.
Reports directly to: Operations Manager, Operations Department at the National Ministry Centre.
Works closely with the following:
- Internal contacts: National Ministry Centre (NMC) Staff, IT.
- External contacts: Vendors, Caterers, Suppliers and Contractors.
1. Reception & Front person:
- Welcomes all guests
- Manages the calls coming into the National Ministry Centre
- Responsible for phone greetings
- Sets up new extensions
- Opens mail
- Schedules maintenance
- Manages multiple calendars & inboxes
- Responsible for booking the conference rooms
- Orders office supplies, maintains stock
- Maintain kitchen and canteen supplies, purchasing
- Maintains overall facility
- Maintains lists
- Maintains attendance records
- Supports NMC staff with inquiries
2. Administrative Duties:
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Manager
- Create agendas, Power Point presentations, and record minute for various meetings
- Tracks deadlines/actionable items with the Operations Manager
- National Ministry Centre staff meeting preparation
- Organizes and coordinates logistics, and leads special events
- Data Entry
- Monthly visa reconciliations & processing of invoices
- Assists with the on-boarding and welcoming of new employees
- Participates in Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Participates in National Ministry Centre Culture Club
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Bi-annual General Assembly office support – some travel
A passion for the culture of the organization, creating an inclusive, compassionate and caring environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience and the ability to work independently on a day-to-day basis and prioritize many tasks involving systems, processes and people while meeting deadlines. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy administrative challenges.
The ability to interact with candidates, staff (at all levels) - sometimes under pressure, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- 3+ years’ administrative experience
- Intermediate experience in MS Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong relational and communication skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Bilingual or multi-lingual an asset
- Sumac Database and SharePoint experience an asset
- Finance background
- Document/ systems management experience
- Strong event planning skills
- Leadership skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail
- Public speaking
- Create agendas and minute taking
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player
- Passion for people
- Positive attitude
- Dynamic, highly personable, patient
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Post-Secondary Education
- Experience in administration
- Experience in providing service in a charitable or non-profit organization
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Own car an asset.
Competencies also integral to the position:
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative in making sound decisions and in developing solutions to problems
- Able to discreetly handle confidential information
- Attention to detail, particularly in document review
- Adheres to deadlines
- Works well both independently and as a team member
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Organizing/planning ability
- Strong Personal work ethic
Notice of Accommodation:
Please note: The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Sandra Browne (Operations Manager), at 416-674-7878 Ext.# 348 or by e-mail at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place if you are invited to interview.
Please email cover letters & resumes to email@example.com