Administrative Assistant - Humanitarian Aid Dept. (NFP, international, health) / ADJOINT(TE) ADMINISTRATIF(VE) - World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale
** Mastery of English (excellent oral and written communication) - essential to daily WFH international work
* ENTRY ASAP ( by latest MAY 2021) - apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to save an improve lives for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 147 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to improve and sustain care and "Treatment for All" around the world.
Type of position: Regular, full-time
Reports to: Director, Humanitarian Aid dept
Location: Montreal Head office (downtown) / Covid-19 home-based currently
Start date: ASAP (by latest, MAY 2021)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES -
The Administrative Assistant - Humanitarian Aid (HA) department accomplishes the following tasks:
- Provide general administrative support to HA staff (n=7), including; preparing minutes; maintaining department calendar; information and data organization & entry; assistance with preparation of documents, reports, presentations; organization & scheduling current virtual meetings
- Assist team with internal reports, as well as to product donors – ex., follow ups with products recipients on factor product usage
- Support HA Officers with the sending of product donations including: general administration, follow-up, record keeping, tracking of shipments, reporting & compilation of results, file audits
- Accomplish monthly /quarterly administrative management tasks, notably: assist with detailed payment reconciliations & HA expense reporting;
- Coordinate department central filing system (electronic and print), and ensure is up to date; act as Raiser’s Edge coordinator for HA, centralizing and updating all HA-related contact information in databases; liaise with IT team
- Ensure ongoing HA-related website updates; liaise with Communications & Marketing team
- Prepare general correspondence, letters in response to variety of external & internal requests: act as department point of contact
- Facilitate work of the WFH Humanitarian Aid committee & its volunteer members: coordinate all correspondence & services provided to volunteers, maintain registry
- Post-pandemic travel restrictions, participate in selected site visits to assist with gathering onsite experience towards improving quality of HA work.
Carry out all other tasks relevant to the position required by the Humanitarian Aid Director.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS –
- University degree (international development, political science, social sciences - an asset
- 1- 2 years (min.) of relevant general office work experience: ex., agenda & meeting organization, minutes taking; information & numbers data organization; financial reconciliation, data entry, etc. - ideally, with a not-for-profit, international development organization
- Strong abilities working with numbers
- High computer proficiency, with extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook internet; Access); plus experience working with database software – eg., Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Excellent office administration and work management skills: details-oriented, organized
- Able to prioritize, multi-task , and work on several projects simultaneously, excels in a fast-paced environment; efficient & effective under stress
- Reliable, with ability to take responsibility, demonstrate accountability; creative & resourceful, with capability to take initiative, follow through with thorough execution; comfortable with change, shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a positive outlook; service orientation
- Able to work well autonomously, as well as collaborate with others in a multi-teams environment; sensitive to cross-cultural differences
- Mastery of English (excellent oral and written communication) - essential to daily WFH international work; working knowledge of Spanish & French; fluency in other international language/s – ex. Russian – asset
- Legally entitled to live & work in Montréal and Canada; availability and willingness to undertake occasional international travel (post pandemic restrictions)
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send IMMEDIATELY, an ENGLISH cv & cover letter to:
The World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie http://www.wfh.org - Montréal, Qc H3G 1T7
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.