Administrative Assistant: Digital Anti-Racism Education 2 (D.A.R.E. 2) Project - Canadian Council of Muslim Women
The Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW) is seeking a skilled and experienced Administrative Assistant to support its Digital Anti-Racism Education 2 (D.A.R.E.2) Project funded by the Government of Canada
If you are passionate about digital literacy, have outstanding administrative & social media skills and are a keen learner, this opportunity may be of interest to you.
- Commitment to gender equality and human rights and compliance to CCMW’s Mission, Mandate and Guiding Principles are mandatory to the position (www.ccmw.com).
D.A.R.E. 2 Project Description: The Digital Anti-Racism Education 2 Project provides bilingual tools and training to combat online hate. In-person or virtual anti-Islamophobia and anti-racism workshops will be held across Canada. Workshop topics include online hate speech and extremism, including counter speech and counter-narrative; understanding counter speech and how to engage in counter speech online; how Islamophobia further marginalizes Black and Indigenous Muslims, queer Muslims, Muslims with disabilities. Project time frame: Oct. 1, 2020 to March 31, 2022.
Purpose: The D.A.R.E. 2 Administrative Assistant will support the D.A.R.E.2 Project staff and volunteers in completing a broad variety of administrative tasks to support coordination, development, delivery and implementation of project deliverables as well as scheduling project meetings, preparing meeting minutes and reports, promoting social media campaigns etc.
Position Type: Start date: February 1, 2021. Fixed-Priced Contract Position for fourteen (14) months. 20 hours per week @ $17.00 an hour. Wage increase of $18.00 an hour after successful completion of 3-month probation period.
Responsibilities: Reporting to CCMW Executive Director & D.A.R.E.2 Project Manager, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Support communication and coordination of project deliverables.
- Support D.A.R.E.2 Project staff to develop an effective and comprehensive in-person/online anti-Islamophobia learning module, with a focus on racialized women and girls.
- Support D.A.R.E.2 Project staff in working with French translation company to develop French translation of the anti-Islamophobia learning module (with help of French-speaking volunteers)
- Schedule & organize in person/online anti-racism/anti-Islamophobia/countering hate training to 300 racialized women & girls in 17 CCMW Chapter cities across Canada.
- Manage an active calendar of D.A.R.E.2 Project meetings, completing expense reports, drafting project correspondence, meeting minutes, project documents and callouts.
- Schedule complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas (in keeping with COVID-19 guidelines)
- Support D.A.R.E.2 Project staff in working with videographers/participants to coordinate development of video stories/submissions.
- Support D.A.R.E.2 Project staff in working with project evaluator and staff, develop and implement project evaluation tools (develop online surveys; questionnaires).
- Support D.A.R.E.2 Project staff in working with project web developer/designer to update project initiatives, activities and resources on www.daretobeaware.ca website
- Schedule & promote social media campaign on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Work with online platforms like Canva and Piktochart to develop project-related promotional posters and flyers; develop & update project database (Excel).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of administrative/office experience.
- MS Office Proficiency - experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience supporting administrative tasks for community engagement projects with racialized communities is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills; strong writing skills.
- Proficiency in working with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube).
- Working knowledge and experience with developing/promoting online social media campaign/s is an asset.
- Working knowledge of online designing platforms (Canva, Piktochart) required. Working knowledge of web-building application Squarespace is an asset.
- Effective oral and written communication skills (English).
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Work independently and collaboratively to achieve intended outcomes.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse communities.
Working Conditions: Required to work from home with access to a laptop & mobile phone. Some evening & weekend work required. Travel required (adhering with COVID-guidelines).
Application: Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org January 15, 2021 by 5 pm EST mentioning “Administrative Assistant” in subject line.
Accommodation Statement: CCMW will make any appropriate accommodation based on any of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code to support candidate participation in the recruitment and selection process. Candidates will be provided with an understanding of the expectations & requirements of the process, in order to ensure full participation.
Interviews: Selected candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview.
The Canadian Council of Muslim Women (CCMW) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to empowerment, equality and equity of Canadian Muslim women & girls. Founded in 1982, the organization works to promote Muslim women’s identity in the Canadian context. www.ccmw.com