Administrative Assistant - Canadian Paraplegic Assocation (BC) dba Spinal Cord Injury BC
Want to be part of an energetic, passionate, and progressive workplace? Looking to use your administrative skills in a fun, hands-on environment? Eager to do what you love while making a difference in your community?
Spinal Cord Injury BC is looking for you!
Here’s what we’re all about…
Spinal Cord Injury BC (SCI BC) is the go-to resource for the spinal cord injury (SCI) community. But we’re so much more than your typical disability organization. We’re a national leader in Peer Support, we excel in helping people form social connections and challenge themselves, and we take pride in developing our information resources. We’re innovative – we like to push the envelope and try new things. And we tell powerful stories through our magazine, videos, and donor communications about how our members adapt, adjust and thrive after an injury.
All of our staff come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise but we all share one thing: passion for people. We challenge, support and inspire one another. We’re invested in each other’s personal and professional development and foster a flexible, fun, and dedicated office culture.
We’re growing our team of high-performing people with a passion for positive change. If that sounds like you, read on.
Here’s what the job is about…
We’re looking for an energetic, personable, and detail-oriented individual to join our Administration Team at SCI BC. This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) position located at our provincial head office in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and HR, this role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following Key Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative and operational support, including reception duties, operations tasks, and taking a proactive approach to annual recurring tasks and maintaining supplies and inventory.
- Support facility operations, including liaising with suppliers, contractors and IT providers, and scheduling building maintenance as requested
- Support data input and reporting from finance, contact management and other database systems.
- Assist with the distribution of internal and external communications.
We are looking for someone with exceptional organizational abilities, along with the following skills:
- 2-5 years administrative/office experience
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional, competent and welcoming manner
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Familiarity with contact or donor databases (DonorPerfect preferably)
- A can-do attitude and willingness to problem solve
- Desire to take initiative, learn new skills and improve practices
- Entry level accounting/bookkeeping abilities, an asset
- Experience with both PC & MAC platforms, as well as familiarity working in a Cloud environment, an asset
You are a dedicated and enthusiastic professional committed to delivering accurate, timely and high quality work, and providing exceptional service to members, donors and volunteers. Comfortable working both independently and in partnership with a great team of co-workers, you enjoy a fast paced, energetic environment and you respect the values and culture of a non-profit organization.
To Apply: Please forward your cover letter and resume including the date you are available for work no later than Tuesday January 19 – by email to email@example.com, by mail to Human Resources at 780 S.W. Marine Drive, Vancouver V6P 5Y7, or by fax to (604) 326-1229. No phone calls please.
Our sincere thanks to all those expressing interest in the position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Spinal Cord Injury BC strives to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis. Spinal Cord Injury BC complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in the performance of Canadian Labour Codes and the BC Employment Standards.
We look forward to meeting you!