Administrative Assistant - Canadian Ophthalmological Society
Please note: Candidates with a cover letter will get priority. This position is located in Ottawa, ON. While the COS team is currently working remotely during the pandemic, when it is safe to do so, there are expectations for this position to perform certain tasks on site at the COS office.
The Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS) is the national, recognized authority on eye and vision care in Canada. As eye physicians and surgeons, we are committed to assuring the provision of optimal medical and surgical eye care for all Canadians by promoting excellence in ophthalmology and by providing services to support our members in practice. COS is an accredited, award-winning provider of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) and is an affiliate of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA).
Reporting directly to, and working closely with Director, CPD, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting CPD activities and membership service through the delivery of exceptional client service. The Administrative Assistant assists the COS team in preparing for the COS Annual Meeting and other CPD activities registration, participant tracking and reporting, coordinating speaker and committee details, as well as assisting with promotional initiatives. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant supports COS membership services through the preparation and deployment of surveys, as well as data management. This individual will work closely with the Director, CPD and Manager, Membership and Meeting Logistics, and will support the COS team members on various administrative duties. The Administrative Assistant is a key team member who plays an integral role in ensuring the smooth delivery of CPD activities and membership service.
Key Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Assist with meeting registration, participant tracking and reporting
- Supports website updating
- Supports creation and editing of promotional materials
- Supports accreditation procedures
- Assists with online survey development, deployment, and reporting
- Supports membership renewal and recruitment through phone calls excel spreadsheet management, updates, filing and mailing
- Supports the deliver of committee meetings; Set-up, agenda preparation, minutes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A University degree or College diploma in business administration, public affairs or a related field is considered an asset
- Candidates without a diploma or degree must have equivalent years of experience in a relevant field.
- Experience working in not-for-profit organizations an asset.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Superior organizational and project management skills with the ability to function positively in a changing environment
- Demonstrated customer service orientation coupled with the ability to meet fixed deadlines, and to initiate and to follow-up on actions
- Must have demonstrated skills in prioritizing/performing multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Tact, diplomacy, maturity and professionalism
- English mandatory, French bilingualism considered a definite asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter & resume to Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS) by email.
Please note: Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. While we would like to be able to provide feedback to all candidates who do not make the interview stage, we are unable to due to the larger number of applicants.
COS is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We support inclusivity and oppose discrimination based on (but not limited to) religion, race, citizenship, country or ethnic origin, language, age, political affiliation or opinion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, cognitive or physical ability, and economic status.
COS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.