Administrative Assistance - Odihi
Odihi is the essence of greatness. Odihi's non-for-profit mission is to Educate, Equip, and Empower young black girls and women through coaching, workshops, and mentorships. Creating opportunities to receive sponsorships to programs that will advance their careers. To provide partnerships that allow us to connect black women with industries, organizations, and companies that can offer them mentorship through hands-on experiences that expand their knowledge and give them a clear career path. To work with them from the immigration process to their first placement, organizing all logistics involved.
We are looking for an intelligent, capable, and mature Administrative Assistant to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a close-knit team and gain invaluable experience that will allow you to grow and develop your already established administrative knowledge. If you are looking for an organization that really invests in its people and is making a difference in BC and globally this may be the opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate will be a warm individual who is eager and willing to assist in the day to day running of this not-for-profit. The ability to manage all interactions with necessary discretion and sensitivity is a desired trait of the ideal candidate.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing front line communication and information to stakeholders and providing clerical and administrative support. You are professional, easy-going, have an exceptional attention to detail, the ability to juggle a number of balls at once, and can learn quickly without instruction.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Managing queries and escalating where necessary.
- Monitoring and replying to all incoming emails.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the virtual office.
- Update the company's website information.
- Scheduling meetings, maintaining the on-line schedule, and take minutes.
- Handle inquiries and requests.
- Help organize online files and data.
- Maintaining company’s contact lists and filing systems online.
- Formatting presentation materials and creating and maintaining document templates.
- Conducting online research on various subjects at the request of the Executive Manager • Maintain and update information on the company website.
- Attending events, conferences, and seminars as required.
- Providing support in the preparation and delivery of courses, such as sending out course materials, and shipping of equipment to our participants in our programs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to set-up and maintain electronic files.
- Proven ability to multitask, balance priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of computer literacy including intermediate level experience with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
We welcome applications from Bilingual candidates (i.e, French). Open to anyone looking to build their portfolio, grow their skills, and someone with interest/passion working with women and in the not-for-profit sector.
More information will also be provided during the initial online interview.