Administration - Program - Choose Health - South Riverdale Community Health Centre
Administration – program – Choose Health
Casual, Contract Position to March 31, 2021
Hourly Rate: $18.42
Minimum 10 hours/week
(Range 10-15 hours/week)
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides primary healthcare, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention primarily to people of East Toronto. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. We do so by meaningfully engaging our clients and communities, ensuring equitable access to primary health care and delivering quality care through a range of evidence informed programs, services and approaches. As a leader in community health, our locally and internationally recognized community services include cutting-edge primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health, community food centre and population-based community programs for marginalized peoples. We value health equity and inclusion and respect in our work and in the delivery of our services.
Choose Health is a regional service in Toronto that offers patient education programs and healthcare provider training to enhance patient self-management. This work takes place in partnership with primary care as well as community based health and social service providers in Ontario Health – Toronto region. Primarily serving equity seeking clients who live with long term health conditions, their caregivers, and healthcare providers who live and work in Ontario Health – Toronto region.
The Administration – Program position works in collaboration with the Regional Manager – Chronic Disease, providing administrative support for the successful delivery of the health education programs across the TC LHIN region.
This work will require working onsite at SRCHC locations during COVID-19.
- Booking program participants, managing incoming referrals, making reminder phone calls
- Booking space, arranging for catering
- File management
- Coordinating the availability of supplies, program materials and educational literature across multiple sites
- Providing administrative support including photocopying, filing, registration and reminder calls
- Assisting with Choose Health special events, outreach and/or educational opportunities as required
- Attend relevant training as requested
- Routinely compile and enter data as per program directives and organizational requirements
- Coordinating mass mailings
- Completing documentation as required
- Participate as a team member in program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Review and adhere to all organizational and program policies and procedures
- All other duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary education from a recognized College and/or University, or currently enrolled
- Relevant experience, preferably in a clinical or social service setting
- Ability to multitask and simultaneous attention to detail is essential
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and marginalized populations
- Demonstrated ability to support individuals who work remotely on a contractual basis
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications (MS Office)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, organized, a self-starter
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data entry and data analysis
- Committed to promoting and supporting health in a community setting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to assist people in a mature, friendly and helpful manner
- Open to working with a variety of people
- Ability to be flexible, organized a self-starter
- Ability to speak and write a second language an asset
- Clerical experience preferred
- Research knowledge preferred
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
The deadline for applicants is August 28, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a bargaining unit position with CUPE Local 5399.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.