Admin and Outreach Worker - Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture
The Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture is looking for an experienced person to work collaboratively as part of our Trauma Informed Care Development and Training Team. Ability to speak both official languages (spoken and written) is an asset. Using creativity and flexibility you will proactively conduct outreach, develop mailing lists and provide administrative support to the team. Your responsibility covering a wide variety of clerical duties in support of the Trauma Informed Training Team and the organization. Other responsibilities will include coordinating and communicating office activities, greeting and screening visitors, answering and referring inbound telephone calls, and scheduling Advisory Committee meetings and Train-the-Trainer sessions in accordance to the guidance you will be provided.
Reporting to the Training Modules Program Manager, you will be working directly with a team of professionals and Advisory Committee Members to provide administrative support and conduct outreach. You are proficient and you will use social media to disseminate information and to collect information that could be vital to filling the knowledge gap and to inform and schedule training sessions throughout the country as we are passionate about achieving great results and set high expectations of ourselves.
- Post–Secondary education in Office Administration or related area and previous experience in a similar role
- Experience/knowledge using Social Media
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Bilingual (French and English) spoken and written an asset
- Proof-read French and English documents/texts; translate short texts/emails.
Roles and Responsibilities include the following:
- Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries from organizations interested in the Train-the-Trainer sessions and other CCVT activities.
- Handle sign-in /registrations including walk in for training sessions.
- Prepare all handout materials for training sessions, which may include uploading presentations on laptops.
- Prepare training calendar and announcements
- Design training updates/ads to advertise upcoming workshops using social media.
- Maintain up-to-date individual /agency registration contact information.
- Responsible for handling website/email/fax/in-person workshop registration and workshop confirmations for those registered to attend workshops as well as updating website/attendance.
- Responsible for replying to requests/emails regarding workshop registration inquires.
- Assist Executive Director and other Management staff with a variety of administrative duties
- Respond to miscellaneous information requests
- Book flights, hotels training rooms as needed
- Undertake general office duties and other duties as assigned
Compensation: 38,220 a year + generous benefits package.
Please note CCVT operates in a unionized environment.
Thank you to all applicants for applying. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
The Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will ensure the necessary steps are taken to accommodate your needs.