Addiction Support Coordinator - Stonehenge Therapeutic Community
The Addiction Support Coordinator’s core responsibilities are to provide direct service to individuals with addiction issues that are made more complex by the presence of one or more of the following concurrent conditions: acquired brain injury, developmental delay, complex concurrent disorders or geriatric issues. This position will contribute to our larger ASC team, to support clients across the Waterloo Wellington LHIN
Our ASC team improves the quality of our Client's lives by coordinating and delivering clinical and support services for clients. This may include providing counselling as appropriate, assisting with acquiring and maintaining access to medical care, providing mental health and addictions support and facilitating medication management. Our work involves interaction with those using substances and may have criminal justice involvement.
Most work is conducted independently and in clients’ homes, however the successful candidate must be able to travel and work in a variety of settings, including rural areas. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Our successful candidate holds a BSW/MSW or other Masters’ level counselling qualification (required), in addition to 3 - 5 years of experience in addictions, mental health and case management. Preference given to candidates who are already registered, or have the capacity to be registered with a professional college. A valid G license (G2 or greater), personal vehicle and willingness to transport program participants is required in addition to providing a satisfactory driving record. All staff must obtain a security clearance (conducted by PWGS Canada) and hold a valid first aid certification (Level C)
Role Type: Full time, Contract (until approx Oct 2020)
Why work for us?
Our staff benefit from an excellent total compensation package:
- enhanced vacation for all staff
- health and dental benefits - no employee co-pay
- paid personal and sick days
- personal and professional development opportunities
- ...and more!
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Manage the prioritization and intake of clients
- Coordinate and deliver clinical and support services for clients including:
- Facilitate linkages and access to primary care, addiction, and mental health supports appropriate to the needs of individuals living with addiction who also experience one or more of the following comorbidities: acquired brain injury (ABI), developmental delay, complex mental health concerns, geriatric issues
- Conduct, coordinate and integrate assessments (including GAIN) with the input and recommendations of other health care professionals
- Develop realistic goals and monitor progress towards them in collaboration with clients and identified supports (where appropriate)
- 1:1 counselling and psychoeducational interventions that support progress towards identified goals and enhance overall health and well-being, particularly in relation to mental health and addiction
- Ongoing assessment of risk and safety with crisis planning and intervention as required
- Utilize evidence-informed practices including (but not limited to) Motivational Interviewing, Stage-Matched Intervention, Trauma-Informed approaches, CBT and DBT)
- Make referrals to internal and/or external program or services, as appropriate
- Comprehensive and collaborative discharge planning
Consult and Build Relationships with Community Agencies
- Provide consultation, capacity building, and education to service providers working with the target populations to support their ability to work effectively with clients experiencing addiction
- Liaise with community agencies and referral sources to ensure a steady flow of information and smooth referrals to community supports
- Build and maintain effective relationships in the areas of addictions and mental health as well as primary care, DD, ABI, LTC and other related issues
- Participate on community committees as appropriate to support local strategies regarding complex care and reduction of inappropriate ED use
Administration and Reporting
Perks of Working at Stonehenge:
- Comprehensive compensation package (benefits, holidays, time off provisions)
- A Leadership team that focuses on staff growth (personal and professional development opportunities)
- An opportunity to engage with and support our community
- and more...!
Applications will be accepted until December 6, 2019. Please send your application directly to email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you!
STC accommodates the needs of applicants throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the (AODA) and Human Rights legislation. Should you require, accommodation can be made at any point, upon request.