Accounts Receivable Clerk - Community Living Durham North
Accounts Receivable (Full Time)
A community where everyone is valued
To offer quality services and supports built on choice and advocacy, while fostering the community’s capacity to value all members.
The Accounting Specialist position reports to the Finance Director.
The paramount responsibility of every employee is to adhere to, and promote, our organizational Vision and Mission statements.
The Accounting Clerk is specifically responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services to the Finance Team. This includes data entry to Adagio accounting system, entering and uploading invoices, posting transactions to journals, maintaining files, assisting with month end closing, administration and reconciliation of CLDN Banking cards and ledgers and payroll entry/processing.
The Accounting Clerk must work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and with the Social Inclusion Act, 2008 and its Regulation 299/10.
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in Accounting and/or Bookkeeping, or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. Excel, Word, Accounting Software)
- Excellent attention to detail
Core Competencies (expectations that apply to every employee and every position)
1. Compassionate, responsible support of people, their families and the community
2. Effective and positive communication with everyone
3. Enthusiastic support for my organization, team and co-workers
4. Embracing change, innovation and personal growth
Role Competencies (responsibilities specific to this position)
- Utilize computerized accounting software programs (Adagio, Excel, Word) to perform assigned duties and responsibilities
- Prepares weekly bank deposit
- Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts
- Post invoices and generate payments as requested
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments as requested
- Prepare manual cheques when required
- Reconcile prepaid accounts
- Maintain an up-to-date billing system for people supported (CLDN Banking)
- Maintain accounting records by filing documents accurately
- Maintain “CLDN Internal Banking” files
- Assist with month end closing and yearly audit
- Assist with processing payroll by inputting hours and processing all monthly staff expense claims
- Perform other related duties as required
- The incumbent must be able to prioritize, plan and organize work to complete scheduled tasks despite frequent distractions and interruptions
- The incumbent must be highly organized, versatile and innovative in order to manage the volume of work and various deadlines
- The incumbent will have frequent contact with people who have a developmental disability
- The incumbent will communicate regularly with individuals at all levels internally and on occasion with external organizations
- The incumbent will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which may cause muscle strain. This person may also have to do lifting of materials from time to time up to 25 lbs.
- May require one to two hours per day of close visual attention and/or concentration in which few interruptions are permitted.
Hours of Work
The position has 40 hour work week, typically 8 am to 4 pm, five days per week. It is understood that additional hours may be necessary on a periodic basis, for example at year end, when auditors are visiting, etc.
** Please send your resume to email@example.com