Accounts Payable Administrator - Reconnect Community Health Services
Positions Available: 1 Compensation: $35,000 to $45,000 Per Annum
Unionized Position: No Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Corporate Services
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounts Payable Administrator is an integral member of the finance team whose focus will be to accurately process accounts payable, associated month end tasks and following through on special projects. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Process all accounts payable transactions (invoices, employee expense reports, credit card statements etc.)
- Process vendor and employee payments in accordance with established deadlines
- Verify employee expenses reports in accordance with the organization’s policies
- Maintain organized vendor and employee accounts payable files
- Monthly reporting and tracking of accounts payable activity
- Manage all vendor accounts and reconcile vendor statements
- Respond to accounts payable enquires from external and internal stakeholders
- Review the Accounts Payable subledger on a regular basis and make adjustments as necessary
- Maintain the organization’s vendor log
- Provide support and backup to the Accounts Receivable function
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit
- Provide support and back up for the Accounts Payable function.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree and/or Community College Diploma in accounting/finance or related field
- Minimum five years related accounts payable experience, preferably in a government-funded, not-for-profit organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in accounts payable
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products primarily in Excel and Word
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member a team, which includes internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to manage in a fast-paced environment
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, as required;
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by
Thursday, August 22, 2019. Please reference "Lead, Finance position" in the subject line of your email.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.