Accounts Payable Administrator - Girl Guides of Canada, National Office
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC-GduC), a national membership-based organization, empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. Our mission is to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls. Together, we’re building our vision of A better world, by girls.
GGC-GduC is actively searching for an Accounts Payable Administrator.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
The Accounts Payable Administrator will:
- Set-up new vendor profiles; manage vendor accounts and reconcile vendor statements.
- Solicit and verify invoices and accurately enter high volume of invoices into accounting system.
- Obtain approval and process invoices/employee expenses/volunteer expenses for disbursement and verify that transactions comply with corporate policies and procedures.
- Manage purchase card transactions and reconciliations.
- Use effective payment strategies to make timely A/P payment and expense reimbursements.
- Process weekly payment in the system (cheque run, EFT payment and wire transfer).
- Review and analyze Accounts Payable aging report.
- Investigate and resolve billing and payment discrepancies, process refunds and make adjustments and corrections to corporate billing records.
- Respond to internal and external inquires in a timely manner.
- Review and process Accounts Payable transactions accurately and timely, ensuring proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
- Assist with month-end and year-end actuals and completion of account reconciliation.
- Apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to communication and customer service.
- Other duties are required.
You are the model candidate if you have:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, payment and general accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in the full procure to pay cycle.
- Experience with Sage 300 accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Have demonstrated computer software proficiency with MS Office; Office 365, intermediate Excel.
- Have sound analytical skills in relation to numerical data.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have the ability to handle a high volume of work and prioritize work received from multiple sources.
- Are a positive, enthusiastic and committed team player and have a demonstrated high degree of initiative, judgement and problem-solving ability.
- You embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
If this sounds like a job tailor-made for you, then apply today!
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) by November 23, 2020 to Leisa McKenzie, Employee Experience Business Partner, HR@girlguides.ca
*Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
*Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter, please include all accounting software you have experience using in previous and/or current roles.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.