Accounting Supervisor - Beth Avraham Yoseph of Toronto (BAYT)
BAYT Accounting Supervisor – March 2021
Beth Avraham Yoseph of Toronto (BAYT) is an Orthodox synagogue located in Thornhill with a vibrant and active membership of 700 families. BAYT is one of the largest Orthodox synagogues in North America, with dynamic Rabbinic leadership, a multitude of programs and learning opportunities and a diverse membership.
BAYT seeks a full-time (or no less than four days per week) accounting supervisor to oversee its accounting and finance functions. You will assume responsibility for daily transactional accounting, monthly financial reporting and assist the Treasurer with budgets and cash flow projections. You will report to the Treasurer and Budget and Finance Committee.
- Direct all accounting functions including accounts payable and receivables, payroll and monthly financial reporting.
- Interact with synagogue staff and lay leadership including Membership Coordinator, Operations Supervisor, Director of Administration, Facilities Manager and Rabbinic Staff to effectively develop and deliver accurate and timely financial information.
- Working with the Treasurer and President and the Budget and Finance Committee, prepare and monitor annual and monthly budgets and cash flow projections.
- Provide input to enhance existing accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Interact with outside auditors and other service providers as necessary.
Skills and Prerequisites
- CPA CA designation preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing accounting functions preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
- Able to meet deadlines and last-minute projects.
- Team player.
- Independent, self-starter with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong and clear written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Jewish community in general and the Orthodox community in particular is an asset.
- Expertise with Quickbooks. Able to quickly master ShulCloud, our member management platform.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus benefits package. Please forward resumes to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.