Accounting & Operations Assistant - Canadian Lutheran World Relief
ACCOUNTING & OPERATIONS ASSISTANT - JOB PROFILE
Job Title: Accounting & Operations Assistant
FTE: Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Vacancies: 1 Permanent
Location: Winnipeg Downtown Office
Reports to: Senior Manager – Finance & Operations
Closing Date: September 22, 2020
Qualified applicants should email a single PDF including a cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria, your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is September 22, 2020. Please quote “Accounting & Operations Assistant” in your subject line. We thank all who apply but will only be contacting those who are moving forwarding in the application process.
We are growing! Join a team that works towards creating a world where people live in justice, peace, and dignity. Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) is a charitable not-for-profit organization that challenges and responds to the injustice which causes human suffering and poverty.
CLWR supports hiring practices and a staff composition that benefits from a diverse staff team, where “diverse” means (but is not limited to) differences in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical abilities, religious beliefs, and/or political beliefs. Working for CLWR will provide you with a competitive salary, a supportive work environment, and excellent learning opportunities.
This role requires a highly ethical individual who will ensure compliance with the agency’s policies and strategic plan. It is expected that all employees are in agreement with CLWR’s Mission Statement, Code of Conduct, and can work with its mandate within a faith-based environment. CLWR follows strict zero-tolerance policy of the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
The Accounting & Operations Assistant is a full-time position that reports directly to the Senior Manager – Finance & Operations of Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR). This position is mainly responsible for account payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, and providing support in the day-to-day operations of CLWR. The Accounting & Operations Assistant will also be assisting with CLWR’s Information Systems and Information Technology.
Strong analytical skills, high accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to think logically, service orientated, above average computer and technological knowledge, adaptability, and the ability to work independently and responsively to diverse needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum knowledge (formal education/general knowledge) required:
- A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting/bookkeeping, or currently enrolled in an accounting program is considered an asset.
Minimum experience required:
- Minimum 5 years work experience with general accounting including full scope of accounting skills required for this role.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in assisting in office management in such areas as: communicating with landlords, contacting vendors, and IT problem solving.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization preferred.
Technical skills required:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Information Technology, Microsoft Office software, accounting software, donor software, donor software, with intermediate skills in Excel, and other software as required.
- Knowledge of Canadian accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations and generally accepted accounting principles.
Other skills or requirements:
- Business and financial analytical skills to assess, evaluate, and interpret information.
- A high level of professionalism, integrity, respect and confidentially is essential.
- Team skills to work within a collaborative multifunctional team.
- Planning and organization skills to establish priorities, assign tasks and meet deadlines.
- Result-oriented in order to assist with meeting department objectives.
- Committed to understanding and supporting the work of CLWR in Canada and abroad.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- This position is onsite at our downtown Winnipeg office. All necessary COVID-19 precautions have been put into place to ensure a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop or laptop computer for multiple hours at a time.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced non-profit environment is required with little supervision.
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends as required by special events/circumstances.
- Lifting or moving up to 15lbs may be required.
- Potential travel nationally and internationally on a limited basis in the future, once advisable by the government of Canada.