Accounting Data Clerk - Youth Employment Services YES
Position title Accounting Data Entry Clerk (Contract to March 6, 2020)
Salary Rate $20/Hour
Reporting to Manager of Finance
The Accounting Data Entry Clerk will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties. Primary responsibilities will include checking, verifying, sorting, coding, entering and reconciling accounts payable transactions, processing client payroll, maintaining filling and record systems. Reporting to the Manager of Finance, this position provides financial administration support relating to program participants and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Training Allowance Management - Collect, sort, check, code client timesheets and calculate training allowance amounts. Reconcile allowance amounts each pay cycle and calendar year end to prepare T4A.
- Client Training Supports - Collect, sort, check and code client training support forms and backup documents.
- Employer Subsidies- Review employer invoices to ensure the figures are correct, noting errors and cause of any miscalculations. Verify receipts, payroll records and other supporting documents. Respond to program coordinator/manager inquiries regarding invoice process and payment status.
- Total, batch and reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Input data in accounting system and process payments.
- Distribute payments.
- Maintain client payroll information by collecting, calculating and inputting data.
- Verify and reconcile client payroll report.
- Distribute client pay statements.
Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, create and maintain filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying
Other duties as required
- Supports the values of YES and fosters a team building environment while representing the organization in a professional manner.
- Prepares for and actively participates in all YES meetings and events.
- Adheres to all YES policies and procedures and ensures confidentiality is maintained on all client, personnel and other agency matters.
- Experience working with AccountEdge/QuickBooks
- ADP or/and other payroll systems, Excel and Word
- Diploma in accounting is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, good organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 5PM on Sep 25, 2019. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. YES is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the YES Accessibility policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.