PLEA Community Services is currently seeking a Full-Time Excluded Accounting Clerk for our Finance team in the Vancouver head office. The position will start as soon as possible. This position is excluded from union membership.
The Accounting Clerk performs full cycle accounts payable functions for the maintenance and processing of transactions and payments made to staff, contractors, suppliers/vendors and volunteers. The incumbent will assist with other financial and accounting duties as needed, including assistance on month end duties, preparing reports and correspondence, maintaining financial records and files, and full-cycle accounting for assigned related entities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the competition number 50ACCA072919. Closing date for Internal Applications: Wednesday, August 7, 2019, at 4:30 pm. If the position is not filled internally, it will remain open until filled.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for payments to suppliers/vendors, contractors, staff expenses and volunteers:
a. Reviews invoice/expense records for accuracy and proper back-up documentation.
b. Full cycle accounts payable tasks including data entry, expense allocation, program distribution codes, bill back information for invoicing to funders and all other duties as required.
c. Provides information and advice to employees on expense reimbursements and expense activity advances.
d. Responds to queries from vendors/suppliers and contractors.
2. Completes month-end requirements and closes Accounts Payable:
a. Ensures all internal staff expenses, supplier invoices, contractor payments, volunteer honorariums, etc. are entered and reviewed for posting.
b. Prepares Aged Accounts Payable report and trial balance.
3.General ledger maintenance and data entry:
a. Performs data entry of work assigned.
b. Prepares and posts contractor payment batches.
4. Assists with the year-end audit preparation:
a. Maintains accounting records for audit.
b. Provides documents to auditors during audit field testing.
5. Initiates and supports process improvement projects as needed.
6. Assists with the month-end financial reporting cycle, including preparation of monthly recurring entries into Sage 300, completing monthly assigned balance sheet account reconciliations, and assisting with the monthly true-up calculations.
7. Assists with reviewing individual program budgets and preparing reports required by funders for global and individual contracts.
8. Assists special reports and periodic statutory remittances for PLEA and related business entities.
9. Perform full-cycle accounting duties for related business entities as assigned.
10. Ensures that all records, reports, and documentation pertaining to financial management are accurate, complete, and in compliance with PLEA's policies and procedures.
11. Adheres to all policies and procedures established by PLEA, and meets the performance expectations of the position in a manner that demonstrates compassion and respect for all. Exercises the responsibilities of the position in a manner consistent with the philosophical approach and style of the agency.
12. Performs other related duties as required and/or as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of Canadian Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Able to identify and resolve issues accurately, effectively and efficiently.
Excellent organization and time management skills.
Able to work under pressure and to prioritize.
Able to work well in a team and on own initiative.
Able to demonstrate clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
Able to communicate professionally with all levels of staff and the public.
Ability to reflect, promote and protect the culture and integrity of the agency.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
University degree with at least one (1) year relevant experience. Other education in a discipline relevant to the work of the position with at least two (2) years relevant experience is considered comparable.
CPA or candidate working towards obtaining CPA designation is preferred.
Experience using computerized accounting systems. Experience using Sage 300 is considered an asset.
Experience working within not-for-profit and/or community organizations is an asset.
Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance.
Usual hours of work are a standard workweek based on 37.5 working hours from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with a 30 minutes unpaid meal break.
Documentation that applicant is legally approved to work in Canada.
Note: PLEA conducts primary source verification of applicant's credentials including education, training, work history, and licensure.
Ready to Apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter HERE referencing the competition number 50ACCA072919. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you don't see a fit at this time, that's okay! Please keep an eye on our career page as we will have new opportunities updated in the near future!
This job is from CharityVillage
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.
TalentEgg helps you stay on top of your job hunt. Get email updates directly from top employers in your field, thousands of career resources just for students and recent grads, and a lot more egg-citing perks.