Accounting Clerk - Canadian Mental Health Association
THE CANADIAN MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION
(Part Time Contract – 6 Months)
CANADIAN MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION Overview: CMHA is a nation-wide, voluntary organization that promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. CMHA accomplishes this mission through service, education, advocacy and research. CMHA's vision is "Mentally healthy people in a healthy society."
CMHA Toronto Branch is one of a network of over 135 branches that offer mental health services in communities across Canada. CMHA Toronto Branch was formed in 1953. It provides:
- Community support services to men and women with serious mental illnesses
- Education and mental health promotion services for all members of the community
- Advocacy for a better mental health system.
CMHA Toronto Core Values: Diversity & Equity, Partnership, Recovery & Wellbeing, Integrity, Quality, Safety & Privacy, Accessibility
Why Choose CMHA - Toronto?
- HOOPP Pension Plan
- Work-life balance
- Opportunities for Career Learning and Advancement
Position Summary: As a member of the finance team, reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will be responsible for ensuring payment processing, internal analysis & reporting, and vendor requests are completed accurately and in a timely manner, in accordance with statutory requirements, company policy, and contractual arrangements. This position is also responsible for reimbursements, travel expense, cash advances, credit card transactions processing.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Process and analyze expenses and payables and ensure approval of accounts payable follow company policies, contracts, and purchasing procedures either through online payment, Microsoft Great Plains and Concur solutions.
- Vouch employee expense reports for payment. Verify supporting receipts and approvals, general ledger accounts and program codes,
- Accurately vouch and process vendor invoices through Concur and integrate into the Accounts Payable system.
- Run periodic cheque payment or EFT/Direct deposit. Maintain Cheque Issued Log to track cheques used, voided/or spoiled.
- Maintain staff and vendor record files.
- Answer inquiries from employees and vendors. Resolve problem invoices in a timely fashion coordinating with employees, trade/vendors and program managers.
- Prepare employees T2200 (Statement of Expenses) annually.
- Reconcile petty cash advances to the general ledger
- Reconcile accounts payable sub-ledger to the general ledger.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration/Accounting with solid foundation in advanced accounting practices and information technology.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, with advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Experience with ERP systems, Concur, fund accounting, and/or not-for-profit accounting standards considered an asset.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, well-developed problem solving and trouble shooting skills with strong analytical abilities, numbers and detail oriented with focus on accuracy.
- Work independently with minimum supervision, pro-active, highly collaborative and team player.
Salary Range: $21,406 - $26,551 (Based on 17.5 hours/week)
Location: 700 Lawrence Ave West
The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. If you are contact by our offices regarding a job opportunity please advise prior to the interview should you require any accommodation