Accounting Clerk: Accounts Receivable Rent - 6 months Contract - Internal & External Posting - Houselink Community Homes
Houselink Community Homes has just amalgamated with Mainstay Housing. We are considered an essential service. The new organization is a leader in the field of supportive housing and recovery for people living with Mental Illness. We have the following opening for an individual interested in joining our progressive workplace:
Accounting Clerk: Accounts Receivable Rent
6 months Contract
Internal & External Posting
This position is considered part of the essential service provided to staff and the incumbent will be required to be at the office located at 805 Bloor Street West 5 days a week. Personal protective equipment and COVID-19 protocols are in place as per Public Health guidelines.
The Accounting Clerk - Accounts Receivable Rent is responsible for:
- carrying out assigned aspects of RGI rent collection
- data entry into new software system Yardi Voyager System
- collecting and receiving rent in person, electronically, and through mail
- preparation of deposits, including taking to the bank
- financial reporting
- income verification
- other duties as assigned
Skill Knowledge Ability Required
- working knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles as applied to the non-profit sector
- ability to work and communicate with staff and members from diverse backgrounds
- ability to learn & implement procedures and guidelines such as RGI calculations
- ability to work as a member of a team
- knowledge of and ability to work with ACCPAC ERP, YARDI, or similar program
- knowledge and experience with spreadsheet, word processing and database programs
This position is in SEIU Local One Bargaining Unit and is rated a Grade 6. Starting Hourly wage is $22.81. This is a bargaining unit position and is governed by the terms of the Collective Agreement.
Please apply in writing, send your resume in by Apr 27, 2021 by 5:00.
Houselink has an equity hiring policy and is committed to providing an inclusive selection process. Applications are encouraged from people with lived experience of mental health challenges and other equity-seeking groups. Houselink will provide accommodation, upon request, to ensure a fair and equitable process.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Records Check. Houselink is committed to the hiring of staff with lived experience with mental health challenges. Therefore, the information obtained from the criminal records check will be used only for determining whether the applicant represents any potential harm to our service participants.