Accounting Clerk – 12mts, extension possible (NFP, international, health) / Commis à la comptabilité TEMP - World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to save an improve lives for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to improve and sustain care and "Treatment for All" around the world.
The WFH is looking for a highly proficient, detail-oriented Accounting Clerk (12mts, extension possible) with exceptional accuracy with numbers and exact data entry in order to accurately process larger volume of payables (mid-size professional organization, multi-currencies, not-for-profit) and provide general accounting & bookkeeping support to the Accounting & Financial Planning sector.
Type of position: full-time, 12mts (extension possible)
Location: Montreal (downtown)
Start date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (latest SEPT 2019).
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES -
Reporting to the Head, Accounting & Financial Planning, principal tasks of the Accounting Clerk are:
- Process invoices and issue payments
- Process expense reports and reconcile corporate credit cards
- Reconcile and record incoming payments received via credit cards
- Produce bank reconciliations (CDN, USD)
- Prepare bank deposits
- Perform various intercompany reconciliations
- Assist with year-end activities and audit procedures and provide backup information as needed
- Maintain accurate and organized filing system, including paper & electronic records
- Interact with other departments as required.
Carry out other accounting and administrative tasks relevant to the position as assigned by the Head, Accounting & Financial Planning or the Director, Finance & Administration.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS –
- Post-secondary education: Diplôme d’études collégiales (D.E.C.) - accounting, bookkeeping, financial management
- 2 years of relevant work experience in bookkeeping or accounting support; multi-currency experience is an asset
- Superior knowledge, abilities with office technology (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook,)
- Highly proficient with numbers and data
- Superior data entry skills: high level of speed & accuracy (large transactions volume)
- Attentive to details, reliable
- Highly organized, with demonstrated ability to accomplish much work, meet deadlines; effective under stress
- Ability to work well autonomously with little supervision, as well as collaborate with others in a team environment; adaptable when directed
- Strong interpersonal skills; positive, energetic profile
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); professional, service orientation in email correspondence and on the telephone; sensitive to cross-cultural issues
- Fully proficient in English (main language of work); working knowledge of French or Spanish - preferred; other international language/s - an asset
- Legally entitled to live & work in Quebec, Canada
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send in full confidence an ENGLISH CV and cover letter IMMEDIATELY to:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org Fx: +1 514.875.8916
Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie / The World Federation of Hemophilia - http://www.wfh.org
Gestionnaire ressources humaines - HR Manager
1425, boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, bureau 1200 Montréal, Québec H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.