Accounting Administrator - Girl Guides of Canada, National Office
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. In Guiding, girls from 5-17 meet with girls their own age in a safe, inclusive space to explore what matters to them. GGC is where girls take the lead, put their ideas into action and jump into awesome activities – all with the support of volunteer Guiders who are committed to positively impacting their lives. We strive to ensure that girls and women from all walks of life, identities and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can fully participate.
GGC is actively looking for an Accounting Administrator.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Reporting and Analysis the Accounting Administrator will administer a combination of general ledger maintenance (receiving, reviewing, and implementing client requests for general ledger changes, adding new accounts, modifying reporting hierarchies, etc.), large and detailed reconciliations, handling large volumes of data, complete detailed reconciliations, and other special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or in a related specialization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in general ledger accounting, reconciliations, and audit trails.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficiency in SAGE accounting software, Financial Reporter, and SAGE Intelligence.
- Experience writing Crystal Reports or SQL queries.
- Experience with database queries such as MS Access
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills – both oral and written.
- A customer service focus and you embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
- Familiarity with Girl Guides of Canada, experience in the not-for-profit sector or working in a volunteer/member-based organization are assets.
- Ability to apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to content, member communication and customer service.
If you meet these qualifications, embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic and are creative, curious and passionate about GGC’s future, apply today!
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) to Leeanne Federico, Employee Experience Specialist, Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada HR@girlguides.ca.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.