Accountant - Girl Guides of Canada, National Office
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. In Guiding, girls from 5-17 meet with girls their own age in a safe, inclusive space to explore what matters to them. GGC is where girls take the lead, put their ideas into action and jump into awesome activities – all with the support of volunteer Guiders who are committed to positively impacting their lives. We strive to ensure that girls and women from all walks of life, identities and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can fully participate.
If you are someone whose accounting expertise results in accurate financial planning and regulatory compliance, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Finance Team.
GGC is actively looking for an Accountant.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
About this Opportunity
The Reporting and Analysis Team is responsible for external financial reporting, management reporting, maintaining the G/L architecture and completing timely reconciliation between the various source systems. The Accountant will be critical in the timely and accurate processing of month-end accrual entries needed in preparation of financial report.
With direction from the Manager, Reporting & Analysis, this role is responsible for indirect taxes, preparing annual charity returns (T3010), participating in discontinuation of certain charitable registration identifiers and together with the analyst, preparing ad hoc analytics.
This position performs work independently under the general direction from the Manager, Reporting and Analysis and interacts will all areas within the Finance department as well as servicing departments within the organization. Flexibility and prioritization are key to success in this role.
You are the Ideal Candidate if you have:
- Post-secondary education in in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or in a related specialization.
- Professional accounting designation CPA, CGA, CMA, or in the final stages of completion.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting/finance, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Proven productivity and collaboration computer skills including Office 365 - Word, Excel (Advanced), Power Point, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams.
- Proficiency in SAGE accounting software.
- Ability to effectively communicate both challenges and findings.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills – both oral and written.
- A customer service focus and you embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
- Ability to apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to content, member communication and customer service.
If this sounds like a job tailor-made for you, apply today!
Send your cover letter and resume (as one file) to: Leeanne Federico – Employee Experience Specialist Partner, E-mail HR@girlguides.ca
This position will remain open until filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.