Accountant/Bookkeeper - CCLCS
Position: Accountant / Bookkeeper
The Canadian Centre for Language and Cultural Studies (CCLCS) is a registered charity and not-for-profit language school and learning community based in Toronto. Established in 1991, we train English language teachers and teach English to newcomers to Canada, helping them settle and adjust to life in Canada.
Mission Statement: We believe that people learn best in an environment that is intellectually stimulating and emotionally accepting. We commit ourselves to providing quality teaching, small classes and a welcoming learning environment.
This position requires a candidate who has 2+ years' experience in public financial accounting/bookkeeping with a strong working knowledge of QuickBooks Financial and Payroll and Microsoft Office. The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the full accounting cycle and financial statement preparation. In addition, the role demands a detail oriented, hard-working individual with excellent written and spoken English skills.
Specific Job Duties include:
- Full-cycle accounting processes and management
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Assess and close all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, validate content and resolve various issues.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll
- Reconcile bank statement and review payroll records
- Experience with intercompany transactions and reconciliation
- Work closely with the Director and Coordinators to ensure all necessary information is provided for creating monthly financial statements
- Ability to assemble information for external auditors
- Handle accounts receivable and payable, banking, reconciliations, and expense reports
- Complete HST returns and other CRA (including payroll) reporting as required
- Prepare government remittances monthly, and as required
- Prepare ledger entries and update financial data in Quickbooks
- Provide management with reports as needed
- Maintain an organized working environment by ensuring that business records and filing are up-to-date and in order.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 year diploma/degree in Accounting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with QuickBooks and Excel
- Willingness to learn
- Experience with not-for-profits an asset
- Sociable personality with ability to work on own initiative
- The successful candidate will be able to prioritize, multi-task and possess an analytical approach to problem solving.
This is a 4-day (28 hour) a week position based in downtown Toronto. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 29, 2020.
Application deadline: 2020-07-29
Job Type: Full-time (Mon-Thurs)
Salary: $38,500 per year
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Required)
Please provide 2 references at time of interview.
To learn more about us, visit cclcs.ca