Accountant - Advocis
Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada, is the association of choice for financial advisors and planners. With more than 13,000 members across the country, Advocis is the definitive voice of the profession, advocating for professionalism and consumer protection. Professional financial advisors and planners are critical to the economy, helping consumers make sound financial decisions that ultimately lead to greater financial stability and independence. Advocis works with decision-makers and the public, stressing the value of financial advice and striving for an environment in which all Canadians have access to the advice they need. For more information about Advocis visit our website at www.advocis.ca.
The Accountant is responsible for the recording and reconciliation of daily deposits and expenses. The incumbent is also responsible for general ledger and bank reconciliations, the preparation and balancing of various monthly reports, as well as assisting with other accounting related duties. This is a 1 year maternity leave replacement.
- Monitor bank balances to ensure all deposits and expenses are recorded
- General ledger and bank reconciliations
- Reconcile bank and credit card transactions
- Maintain, analyze, and reconcile assigned balance sheet general ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly reports with relevant variance analysis
- Track, record and reconcile SNAP payments and receivables
- Record recurring monthly and adjusting entries
- Prepare GST/HST & PST returns on a monthly basis
- Assist with year-end audit processes and serve as backup for Accountant I
- Other duties as required by the Associate Director, Finance
- University degree, (preferably Business related)
- 2 to 3 years of previous experience in an accounting environment
- Enrolled in CPA accounting program
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Word applications
- Excellent mathematical, communication and organizational skills
- An ability to prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-starter
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP Accounting Software and Powerbroker is an asset
- Previous experience in the insurance industry is preferred
Interested qualified applicants should e-mail their cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday September 20, 2019.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. Please advise human resources when contacted, if you require any accommodation measures to fully participate in our application or hiring processes. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.