Aboriginal Child and Youth Outreach Case Manager - De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre
Job Opportunity: Aboriginal Child and Youth Outreach Case Manager Niagara Region – Full-Time (Starting Salary, 50,000)
The Child and Youth Outreach Case Manager will provide 1:1 visits in the community, group programming, case conferencing, referrals and connections, advocacy services, and other support services across the vast Niagara region, reaching out to smaller communities with little to no support. This role will focus much of their efforts on connecting and supporting children, youth and families involved in the child welfare system. This role will work towards improving patient outcomes by: advocating and supporting children, youth, and families involved in the child welfare system; develop care plans based on holistic goals and wellness needs; assist clients to access care that meets their goals and needs; manage mental health and addictions issues; facilitate community visits, one to one support, groups, cultural activities as well as community outreach activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Case Management & System Navigation
- Supports and bridges access to organizational and community supports and services that address the social determinants of health which have an impact on an individuals’ mental wellness.
- Provides case management support to clients, caregivers and families which will include connections to health and social services, as well as Indigenous cultural and Traditional programs such as Healers, Elders, Knowledge Keepers, Circles, Cultural activities etc.
- Provides community visits, one-on-one supports, youth groups, informational presentations, and supports Mental Health Team.
Partnerships, Education & Promotion
- Directly builds relationships with internal and external programs to raise awareness of the program, and assists with the development of marketing and promotion strategies of both this role and the Mental Health Team.
- Ensures patient health information is gathered and inputted on a timely basis into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
In addition to requirements for the position, the ideal candidate would also possess some of the following qualifications:
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in a social work or health care related field preferred.
- 3+ years experience working with children or youth in an Aboriginal health and/or social service organization, hospital or community-based case management, health promotion, public health or social work is essential. (continued on page 2)
- Experience working with and knowledge of local mental health organizations, programs and services, specifically those targeting youth and emerging adults.
- Knowledge of case management/system navigation models and principles.
- Experience working with and extensive knowledge of Aboriginal Peoples language, culture, customs and traditions.
- Knowledge of tools, systems (Electronic Medical Records) and databases used in client services delivery and case management.
De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre has developed a compensation philosophy that will allow the organization to retain, motivate and develop talented people who share our values and contribute to our success.
Competitive Wages & Salaries - Merit of Performance Increases - Health Insurance Plan - Health Benefits - Income Protection Benefits - Paid Leaves - Pension - Employer Health Tax
100% Organization Paid Benefits
Paid Time Off Benefits
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
678 Main Street East
Hamilton, Ontario L8M1K2
Attention: Human Resources
Deadline to Apply:
August 22, 2019
Nya:weh to all applicants.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates, in order to successfully meet the needs of our community
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.