31-21 Trauma Therapist - Richmond - Family Services of Greater Vancouver
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Trauma Therapist (STV, SAIP & MCFD Family Trauma Programs)
Trauma Therapist Competition #31-21
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER, HELPING OTHERS? JOIN US!
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
We are a community-based, not-for profit organization with approximately 80 social services programs and 420 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. We provide counselling and other essential services to the most vulnerable people in our communities. For over 90 years, we’ve inspired and supported those who need help reaching their full potential. We work to ensure children are nurtured, youth find optimism, adults feel empowered, and parents make choices that build strong families.
Our values are: • Innovation • Integrity • Diversity • Optimism • Excellence
We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education and community services.
Here’s what we can do together:
Trauma Therapists at the TASA Counselling Centre in Richmond are resposible for providing trauma-informed counselling to adults, children, youth and families who have experienced trauma, including, gender-based violence, childhood sexual and/or physical abuse, neglect and attachment wounding. Trauma Therapists works across 3 of our Richmond programs; the Stopping the Violence Counselling Program (STV), the Sexual Abuse Intervention Program (SAIP) and the TASA Family Trauma Program (MCFD). Counselling services include assessment, treatment, referrals, and consultation and collaboration with other service providers. Trauma Therapists supports clients in their healing journeys from a feminist, trauma-informed, anti-oppressive lens.
What you bring:
- MSW, MA or M.Ed. (Counselling Psychology) or equivalent degree & registered as RCC or RSW
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant counselling experience working with children, youth and adults with complex trauma histories, experiences of dissociation, sexual abuse and/or attachment disruptions
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of theory/diverse treatments in the field of sexual abuse/sexual assault, and trauma related to physical, sexual or extreme emotional abuse.
- Excellent counselling skills including play and expressive arts based therapies, individual, family and group counselling.
- Experience providing parenting support and psycho-education to parents/caregivers on child development and the impacts of trauma on attachment
- Experience assessing the emotional underpinnings of children’s behaviour with the caregiver and providing intervention strategies for positive parenting.
- Strong ability to work as a member of a team and identify with policies/procedures of the agency.
- Familiarity with legal system/legislation pertaining to child abuse, neglect and sexual assault.
- Awareness of community resources and systems.
- Competence in working with diversity.
- Committed to feminist, trauma-informed, anti-oppressive practice
- Competence in report writing, and sufficient administrative skills to maintain the agency’s CARF accreditation standards -familiarity with JaneApp an asset.
- Ability to use initiative and function independently.
- Ability to present cases to team/supervisor and be open to feedback.
- Experience with EMDR and somatic approaches to counselling an asset.
- Committed to ongoing growth and development as a trauma therapist
Your key contributions:
- To provide short and long-term counselling to adults, children, youth and their families.
- To work with these clients to provide assessment, development of counselling goals and a plan of healing, termination and follow-up.
- To work as part of a counselling team, participate in peer supervision and consultation and attend regular team meetings
- Actively participate in clinical supervision.
- To participate in developing and facilitating groups.
- To consult, network, advocate and coordinate with other community programs and agencies around issues pertaining to clients.
- To attend integrated case management meetings in the community.
- To perform various administrative tasks pertaining to client service and personnel issues following agency policies.
- Respond to community requests for information about sexual abuse.
- Give presentations on a limited basis in the community regarding TASA supports and services as required/as time permits
- Supervise Masters-level interns as required
What we offer you:
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff. FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: GS11 Step 1 $2,073.40 gross bi-weekly with a competitive benefits & pension package
Location: 250 – 7000 Minoru Blvd. Richmond
How to apply:
If this describes you, please submit your application to us through our website:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the communities we so proudly serve, while encompassing the principles of equity, inclusion and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, people of all gender expressions and sexual orientations including queer, trans, and two-spirit people. In our words and actions, we recognize the challenges for those facing inequalities, while acknowledging our privilege, as we continuously strive to remove bias and reduce barriers that individuals may experience in the hiring and job-seeking process. We invite feedback from all applicants who apply for roles with the Agency.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #31-21 in email subject line) outlining your interest and relevant experience to your contact information to email@example.com for follow-up. **if you are an internal candidate, please indicate “Internal Candidate” in the Comments section at the bottom of the online application**