1 Bilingual Project Officer (full-time) 1 Project Officer (full-time) 1 Project Officer (part-time) - United Nations Association in Canada
Title: 1 Bilingual Project Officer (full-time), 1 Project Officer (full-time) & 1 Project Officer (part-time)
Programme: Green Spaces
Length of Assignment: Until March 31st, 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
The United Nations Association in Canada (UNA-Canada) is an historic national charitable organisation with the mandate of educating and engaging Canadians in the work of the United Nations (UN) and the critical global issues that affect us both in Canada and internationally. Established in 1946, we are committed to growing global citizens who embrace the principles of the UN in order to build a stronger, more outward-looking Canada. As the leading policy voice on multilateralism in Canada, UNA-Canada holds the elected Vice-Chair of the World Federation of UNAs representing global civil society.
Green Spaces is UNA-Canada’s innovative youth employment programme designed to provide talented youth (aged 15-30) with engaging employment opportunities in parks and natural settings. Green Spaces participants will undertake 8 to 16-week work-integrated learning placements with various companies, governments, associations, universities and civil society organizations across Canada.
UNA-Canada is looking for one full-time bilingual Project Officer (PO), one full-time PO and one part-time PO, with strong writing, project management, administrative, financial and communication skills, with experience in multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder collaborations, and solid knowledge of civil society and academic communities in Canada. The POs will become part of a team with complementary skillsets, so we encourage candidates with strong monitoring and evaluation, and proposal writing skills to apply.
The POs will be responsible for providing crucial, administrative, organisational, and operational support in the execution of Green Spaces. This includes, but is not limited to, liaising with existing partners, reaching out to new potential partners, and managing the necessary administrative requirements for Green Spaces placements. The POs provide the Programme Manager and Director of Work-Integrated Learning with critical managerial and logistical support in all aspects of Green Spaces.
- Assist and support the Programme Manager and the Director of Work-Integrated Learning, and work closely with the Regional Coordinators (RC), in the overall effective administrative, coordination, implementation and evaluation of Green Spaces (~60%)
- Review and process participant eligibility forms, job descriptions and employer wage subsidy claim forms;
- Track documents and work with RCs to ensure all necessary paperwork has been submitted;
- Develop Green Spaces materials (social media, newsletters, webpage) in English and French;
- Plan and coordinate participant onboarding calls, Between Two Flags podcasts, and Innovation Team sessions;
- Aid with the evaluation of first month and final reports, and collect & analyze data from said reports.
- Maintain/enhance relationships with partners from government, private sector, foundations, universities, civil society organizations, funders, employers and participants (~10%);
- Develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, etc. (~15%);
- Prepare follow-up reports, thank you notes to funders, community organizations, and Green Spaces Employers, as well as normative reports (~10%);
- Assist with other UNA-Canada events and programmes as requested (~5%);
- Coordinate travel and accommodation for the Programme Manager and Director of Work-Integrated Learning.
- Professional-level bilingualism in French and English required (reading, writing and speaking) for the bilingual position;
- Exceptional skills in administrative, organisational and operational project work;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing tasks to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Public Administration, Education, Political Science, Finance, Accounting, Business, Communications, Environmental Science or related field;
- Experience with Project Management—certification or courses taken will be an asset;
- Exceptional writing and editing experience in a fast-paced professional service and/or business development environment;
- Communication strategies and best practice principles and proven experience in applying them and achieving results in a complex environment;
- Experience developing promotional and marketing materials using graphic design tools is an asset (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Canva);
- Good working knowledge of CRM, and communications platforms including but not limited to SurveyMonkey Apply, Hootsuite, Wix, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Experience with human resource administration and an understanding of employment laws (e.g. payroll, finance);
- A results-oriented approach with the ability to take responsibility;
Equal Opportunity Employer
UNA-Canada is committed to building a network of employees that reflects and harnesses Canada’s diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc. UNA-Canada recruits candidates based on merit and seeks to foster a workplace that encourages acceptance, empathy, and diversity. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and one page cover letter in a single PDF to the attention of Programme Manager, Victoria Woodhouse, at email@example.com no later than Sunday, September 15th at 11:59pm EST.
In the subject line, please write “PO Green Spaces – First Name, Last Name”, “Bilingual PO Green Spaces – First Name, Last Name” or “Part-time PO Green Spaces – First Name, Last Name”.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a friendly reminder, please ensure that all submission instructions are followed correctly. We ask that no calls be made regarding the position.