Registered Pharmacy Technician
CareRx was created with one goal in mind – to provide the best possible pharmacy experience for care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. We have developed our business model from the perspective of the customers and partners that we hope to service. Locally owned and operated, CareRx is invested in the community and committed to improving the lives and care needs for residents and their families. Our management team has over 40 years’ experience servicing the community through our ownership and management of other retail pharmacy outlets in British Columbia. CareRX is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
CareRx is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will you will report to the Pharmacy Management team. You will work alongside your professional team members and registered staff, directly supporting a group of LTC Homes and Retirement Communities.
Your Day To Day
- Checking prescriptions for proper dosage;
- Compounding prescribed pharmaceutical products;
- Dispensing prescribed pharmaceuticals;
- Advising on the administration, uses and effects of medication, drug incompatibilities and contra-indications;
- Maintaining medication profiles of customers;
- Ensuring proper storage of pharmaceutical products;
- Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems;
- Advising customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Graduate from a Pharmacy Technician certificate/diploma an asset
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems an asset
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Retail/Community/Long Term Care Pharmacy experience considered an asset
- High level of professionalism, energy, enthusiasm and communication skills (written and verbal)
Other duties as required*
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.