Become an SDG ambassador
Put your studies to work in a paid and exciting experience. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development consists of 17 SDGs with a commitment to leave no one behind. Along with 192 United Nations Member States, Canada adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the UN General Assembly in September 2015. You can help employers to advance meaningful SDG-aligned initiatives while gaining critical skills for the 21st century to build a better future.
Do you meet all the criteria below?
- Between the ages of 15-30 (inclusive) at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizen, or permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act *
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to participate for a minimum 3 months (13 weeks) to a maximum of 6 months (26 weeks) in a full-time capacity
- Not employees of the hiring employer prior to the start of their internship (does not apply to previous coop students or student interns, although this must be clearly indicated by the employer)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.