Underwriting Support Representative
At CNA, we are focused on success, individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages people. We strive to connect people, departments and business areas, to function as a team, and to serve our customers and communities with professionalism and respect.
Our dedication to employee engagement, continuous learning and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, enable us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Our values, culture and financial strength are what differentiate us from other employers and make CNA the place you want to work. Learn more about CNA Insurance Canada at www.cnacanada.ca.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the overall purpose and objective of this position is to provide centralized, high volume underwriting support for Underwriting Departments across Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Mid Term Change Endorsement Processing:
- Use CNA's Internal Underwriting application to process mid-term change endorsements for One World and Oneworld + Policies ensuring completeness and accuracy in accordance with established guidelines.
- Determine Premiums for mid-term change endorsements accurately
- Use premium system to Book endorsements
- Rush Requests completed within same business day
- Manage endorsement requests through the public mail box to completion between Field offices and Operations
- Upload emails and endorsement correspondence to internal document management system
- Communicate successfully with underwriters for verification and qualification of information as needed and to request information required to be part of the underwriting file.
- Familiarize and apply best business practices towards centralized service & maintain quality standards.
- Maintains endorsement count numbers under "15 day" turnaround timeframe
- Handle Endorsement premium discrepancy
- Auto Endorsement Processing
- Code Auto Premium into internal premium application
- Manually processing of Auto Garage Endorsements
- Rush requests completed within same business day
The remaining responsibilities are as follows:
- Issues policies and endorsements manually for Professional Liability, Management Liability, Large Property, Engineered Property, Information Risk, Advanced Medical Technologies, One World / One World + Miscellaneous.
- Review and enter coverage information and limits into Internal Underwriting System for New Business/Renewals based on the broker submission /Mid Term Change endorsements.
- Set up and complete New Business, Renewal and Endorsements for Strata Condo Program in Internal Underwriting and premium Systems.
- Issue simplified policies for Marine Cargo, Liability and Hull policies.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA's Winning Behaviours - to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- University degree or college diploma and aspire to attain or has been granted the Chartered Insurance Professional designation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English. French would be an asset.
- A proven track record in customer service coupled with excellent interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with limited supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs.