As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Sandbox Mutual Insurance Company seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. At Sandbox, we not only celebrate people, but we are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
Sandbox is on the search for a permanent, full-time position of Underwriter I-III (Farm/Commercial). Reporting to the Underwriting Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, evaluating, rating, and processing new business, renewals, and revisions for risks complex in nature.
- Minimum of 1-year related insurance experience.
- Completion of at least 1 Insurance Institute course along with a positive commitment towards the completion of the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation demonstrated by completing two Institute courses per year.
- The individual must have knowledge of policy rating and underwriting practices and excellent communication skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and deliver quality service are also essential skills required for this position.
When people join Sandbox, they are here to stay! At Sandbox, we take pride in caring for our employees as it is the collaborative efforts of our entire team which will allow us to continue to remain successful today and into the future.
This unionized position offers a comprehensive benefits package, a fun and inclusive work environment, professional development opportunities and the potential for further advancement within the company.
Annual Salary Ranges:
- Underwriter I (Farm/Commercial) is $46,995 - $61,503
- Underwriter II (Farm/Commercial) is $52,107 - $68,312
- Underwriter III (Farm/Commercial) is $57,578 - $71,578
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. Sandbox Mutual Insurance thanks all interested candidates; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.