Software Test Automation Developer (Contract) New
About Cognition+ Inc.: Cognition+ Inc. is the leading provider of software solutions in the mutual insurance industry in Canada. Founded in 1993 by a group of mutual insurers, Cognition+ Inc. provides powerful, easy to use, and affordable software that ensures insurance companies of all sizes can compete in the insurance marketplace. Cognition+ Inc. offers solutions for policy, claims, accounting, financial reporting, and investment and includes integrations with third party trading partners including brokers, financial institutions and service providers. Leveraging an internal rating and underwriting rules engine along with significant application programming interface development provides extensive flexibility, extendibility and scalability. Using industry best practices for privacy, security and roles based authorization and access, Cognition+ Inc. offers onsite and cloud based solutions to 32 insurance companies in Canada. Located in London, Ontario, Cognition+ Inc. has strong longstanding relationships with insurance and technology partners in North America.
Position Summary: As a member of the QA team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other talented members of our team to support, maintain and ensure quality for a complex insurance software system. You will create test plans, write manual test cases and execute manual tests. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and develop your skills in many ways.
This position can be performed from our office in London Ontario, remotely in Ontario, or a combination of both. Remote based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events
- Working closely and collaborating with development, release management, and architect teams to better understand the products and customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain automated API and UI test frameworks and test cases.
- Validating new product features, designs and ensuring it has test automation coverage.
- Using Impact Analysis to pro-actively identify system changes that will affect automation and develop an action plan.
- Design test strategies, manage test data, maintain test suites and automate regression test suites using Selenium, JMeter, TestNG, Postman, Java, GitLab, Jenkins.
- Find and Document software Defects in JIRA including concise and detailed steps for duplication of issues found and assist with prioritization and resolution.
- Work closely with Developers and QA Analysts to understand code, identify & debug defects and strategize fixes.
- Continually expand scope of automated test coverage and frameworks.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- A technical college or university credential in Computer Science, Information Technology or another related area.
- An interest in software testing, with demonstrated capability in manual test planning and execution.
- Min 1 year Development experience with Java and Selenium.
- Experience with tools/technologies such as SQL, Postman or JMeter, Jenkins, GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies / tools.
- Experience with data formats (JSON, XML).
- Proven diagnostic, analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- A drive for continuous technical and process improvements.
- Knowledge of current industry trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Additional Bonus Skills:
- Prior experience working in the insurance industry;
- Industry related Professional Certification in Insurance or Software Quality (ISTQB, CIP)
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Cognition+ Inc. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ Inc. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 519-432-8553 ext. 362.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://gocognition.com/join-us/
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.