SENIOR CLAIM ADVISOR - BODILY INJURY
Considering the current affairs, Allstate will be conducting virtual interviews and has made arrangements for new hires to work remotely till its deemed safe to return to office
Through our core values, Opportunity, Flexibility, Community, Diversity and Family, we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture where employees feel valued, experience personal growth, have career options and truly enjoy the work they do.
Benefits to joining Allstate
- Complete Group Benefits Program customizable to your needs
- Strong Brand Recognition (listed as best Employer with Kincentric since 2012).
- Working within the community and giving back!
- Opportunity for career development and growth.
- We work a 37.5 hour work week and we are proud to offer work from home opportunities once you have demonstrated knowledge and the required skills.
Our team is growing and we are actively looking to hire a Senior Claim Advisor, Bodily Injury focused professional to join our team! Reporting to the Manager, Casualty Claims, Ontario Bodily Injury, the role will be technical in nature and focuses on themanagement and final resolution of bodily injury claims.
- Investigate losses for coverage, liability and quantum assessment of moderate to high complexity, by telephone, in person and/or written correspondence
- Interpret insurance policy wordings
- Identify information and maintain appropriate reserves on claim files in a timely manner
- Document claim files with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Meet and negotiate with solicitors and directly with parties to resolve claims within authority granted
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum University degree/College diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4-5 years Bodily Injury Claims experience
- Extensive claims insurance regulations knowledge
- Strong understanding of current case law and the tort landscape in Ontario
- Recommended prerequisite role Senior Claim Advisor, Bodily Injury or other similar experience is preferred
- Prior Accident Benefits experience is an asset
- Enrolled in, or completion of, CIP designation
- Demonstrate ability to influence, convince, direct and persuade others
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient keyboard skills and computer literacy
- Able to travel within the GTA to complete work/tasks required (post pandemic)
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country's leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. The company strives to keep its customers in "Good Hands®" as well as its employees, and is proud to be named a Best Employer in Canada. Allstate Canada is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as MADD Canada, United Way and Junior Achievement. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca For safety tips and advice, visit www.goodhandadvice.ca
For the eighth consecutive year, we are proud to be recognized as a #Kincentric Best Employer!