We are looking for Personal Property/Farm Underwriter with a minimum of 3-5 years experience.
The Portage la Prairie Mutual Insurance Company was organized October 2, 1884, based on the underlying principles of security, integrity, hard work and personalized service. Over the years, we've made a lot of changes in the way we do business. We've expanded our products and services and built a reputation as one of the most responsive property and casualty insurers in Canada. But the underlying principles that guide our company -and the friendly, small town style of doing business- remain the same.
As a 100 per cent Canadian-owned mutual insurance company, the success of Portage Mutual depends upon serving policyholders with fairness, and showing genuine concern for their security. We do this by providing reasonably priced, flexible insurance products and by supporting our brokers with exemplary service.
At Portage Mutual, we believe that doing business with integrity never goes out of style. It is as important today as it was when we began over 136 years ago, and it is part of what makes Portage Mutual customers so loyal.
If you are:
detail and solution oriented;
organized and focused in a fast-paced environment
continually striving for success; then Portage Mutual is looking for you!
If you are:
· detail and solution oriented;
· organized and focused in a fast-paced environment
· continually striving for success; then Portage Mutual is looking for you!
1. Communicate with brokers, adjusters and co-workers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
2. Process new applications, endorsements, renewals, cancellations, declines and quotes.
3. Research and determine appropriate rates, apply applicable discounts and surcharges and calculate premiums.
4. Prepare related correspondences and maintain documentation as required.
5. Adhere to company policies and procedures which may be developed and implemented from time to time.
· Ability to work independently and be team oriented to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational, presentation & negotiation skills.
· Ability to work in an environment that is constantly evolving.
· Performs well in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work under pressure.