Marketing Representative - Manitoba
As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance Company (SMI) seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. At SMI, we not only celebrate people, but we are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
We are looking for a full-time, permanent Marketing Representative to join our growing SMI family. Reporting to the Manager, Broker Services, the successful candidate will promote and represent the company to all brokers within an assigned territory to fulfill the company's marketing goals and objectives. This position can be based out of Manitoba.
As the Marketing Representative YOU Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicating with and serving existing brokers, discussing problems, business, claims, etc. Assisting brokers in establishing sales targets. Liaising with head office as required.
- Promoting new and existing products & services to all brokers within the territory. Monitoring product performance and market conditions.
- Preparing and presenting educational seminars to brokers.
- Seeking and interviewing potential brokers, submitting recommendations to head office regarding possibility of appointment.
- Preparing and submitting reports regarding weekly activities and specific reports as requested. Handling general office duties as required.
- Maintaining marketing monitoring system for their territory.
- Assisting in gathering information (i.e.: broker concerns, industry issues, new competitor products and services, competitor news, etc.) and reporting it to the Manager, Broker Services.
- Representing the company with integrity, tact and diplomacy at local and industry functions.
- Performing and executing sales and business development strategies and programs to support the strategic direction of the Company.
- Reviewing broker results quarterly and updating the Manager, Broker Services recommending any follow-up actions needed. Ensuring brokers are supporting the Company in the classes of business needed to reach Company targets and goals.
- Supporting goal setting and developing business plans for profitable premium growth with brokers through research, planning, and implementation of target market initiatives.
What We Need From YOU!
- A minimum five (5) years experience in the general insurance market, including experience with underwriting/assessing risk and the agency business.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Active involvement in completion of Chartered Insurance Professional CIP.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Concentration and accuracy are required when working with insurance policy wordings, and when assessing risk.
- Day-to-day functions must be balanced with the need to meet with brokers regularly throughout the assigned territory.
- Valid driver's licence with the ability to drive for long distances on a regular basis with overnight stays as required.
- Proven ability to operate standard office equipment including a personal computer.
Come grow your career with a company committed to putting people first. When people join SMI, they are here to stay! At SMI, we take pride in caring for our employees as it is the collaborative efforts of our entire team which will allow us to continue to remain successful today and into the future.
This position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a fun and inclusive work environment, professional development opportunities and the potential for further advancement within the company.
HOW TO APPLY
SMI is doing amazing things and we want YOU to be part of our team and continued success! If this sounds like the opportunity for YOU, we want to hear from YOU!
Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with Marketing Representative in the subject line to:
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance Company
279 3rd Avenue North
SASKATOON SK S7K 2H8
Confidential Fax: (306) 653-3542
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. SMI thanks all interested candidates; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.