Linx is looking for a Junior Underwriter - Commercial Property and Casualty (Anywhere in Canada)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Linx Underwriting Solutions. As a junior underwriter, you will report directly to the Manager of the commercial P&C team.
Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc. is an underwriting agency and a wholly owned subsidiary of Aon Canada. We specialise in industry specific and product specific solutions which are tailored for the needs of the Canadian market. We service several brokers throughout Canada. Linx Underwriting Solutions Inc. acts as Managing General Agent (MGA) of several domestic carriers and Lloyd's syndicates and is authorised to transact insurance business under a Delegated Authority. Our highly experienced professionals are recognized for their efficiency and adaptability and will address your needs in a proactive manner. For reliable service and quality you can depend on, contact us today.
Your impact as a Junior Underwriter
- Underwriting new business, renewals, and endorsements according to guidelines and authority limits. Refer files along with summary and recommended course of action for those accounts outside underwriting authority and exceptions to guidelines
- Works independently and makes decisions on individual risk selection and acceptance
- Responsible for production in order to generate new business opportunities and retain existing accounts which meets carrier strategies and underwriting guidelines
- Maintaining bordereaux and logs as required by binding authorities
- Participates in self-development activities to improve or develop knowledge of underwriting or business-related subjects
- Assists with training of Brokers within AON branches and support staff in understanding the function of underwriting
- Responsible for claims review and assessment
- Maintain relationships with insurers to which authority is given
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate from a recognized diploma program in Insurance or a strong equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- CIP designation or working towards
- Minimum 2-3 years or more experience in Commercial Property/Casualty underwriting
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background with an MGA
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain their General broking license in the first 6 months
- Strong analytical, decision making and negotiating skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Assertive, positive, committed team player
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.