Inside Property Claims Adjuster
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you'll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we'll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts - the best the industry has to offer. You'll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role:
As an Inside Property Claims Adjuster you will work with customers who have experienced a personal property loss, helping them through the claims process. Demonstrating empathy, care, strong listening skills, and organizational effectiveness, you will guide the customer through the process to get them back on track quickly and efficiently.
Why claims? The work our adjusters do is meaningful and matters to every individual and family we support through the claims process. One of our adjusters who was in Atlantic Canada supporting customers through Hurricane Fiona said it best: "Some people wonder why we do what we do, but when a moment like this comes along, you see the difference we can make in someone's life."
In this role, you will:
- Analyze information gathered, interprets insurance policy wordings, determines coverage, and assesses damage
- Develop an action plan to ensure all aspects of the claim are addressed
- Manage all financial components of the claim, including setting reserves and ensuring prompt and equitable settlements in line with Intact's policies and standards
- Provide clear and concise information and direction to vendors
- Work with experts including appraisers, engineers and others to help drive progress throughout the claim
- Provide a superior quality of customer service to external and internal customers, and answer queries relating to the claims process
- Keep up to date on Intact's insurance products, appraisal and investigation techniques, and services
What you bring to the table:
- 1-2 years claims adjusting experience is an asset
- Xactanalysis experience is an asset
- Basic construction knowledge is an asset
- Adaptable and agile in a rapidly evolving business
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service with strong written and verbal communication skills?
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment?
- A forward thinker who is able to foster new ideas
- Superior organizational skills and results-driven
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills
- Ability to learn and work effectively in a hybrid environment
What we offer:
- Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
- A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
- Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
- A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We'll work with you to meet your needs.
Follow the link below to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada:
If you are an employee of Intact, belairdirect, or Johnson Insurance, please apply for this role on Contact People