At CNA, we are focused on success, individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages people. We strive to connect people, departments and business areas, to function as a team, and to serve our customers and communities with professionalism and respect.
Our dedication to employee engagement, continuous learning and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, enable us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Our values, culture and financial strength are what differentiate us from other employers and make CNA the place you want to work. Learn more about CNA Insurance Canada at www.cnacanada.ca. Join our team as a Financial Analyst!
As a member of our Finance team, the Financial Analyst is primary responsible for day-to-day cash operations, month end financial close activities, expense management, and support the reinsurance accounting operations
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Perform cash operations activities including verifying and monitoring daily cash flow, processing expense payments, handling deposits and preparing bank account reconciliations
- Assist in analyze and forecast cash needs for the company and maintain short-term and long-term cash forecast
- Perform month end financial close activities including journal entries preparation, accrual calculations, reconciling general ledger accounts, and other prepare accounting schedules or reports
- Monitor monthly cross charge, and prepare intercompany settlement
- Prepare monthly managed expense dashboards for senior management
- Analyze expense data and compare results to prior year, budget, forecast or trend analysis to provide commentary on variances
- Support Reinsurance Accounting Operations including preparation of reinsurance statements, settlements, and perform account reconciliations
- Participate in projects and requests as required
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA's Winning Behaviours to be inclusive, externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and capable of managing multiple projects effectively
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills coupled with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Must be results oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal staff and external business partners
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- MS Access & VBA skills are an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
- Completion, or working towards a professional recognized accounting designation
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience required with P&C experience being a definite asset
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.