Examinations Specialist - Bilingual (2-year Contract)
Status: 2-YEAR CONTRACT POSITION
Reports to: Manager, Examinations Development
Job Summary: The Examinations Specialist (Bilingual) will be responsible for the full lifecycle of exam development including developing and maintaining a bank of questions (English and French) based on best practices, developing examinations based on appropriate parameters (blueprints), working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on question development and coordinating with other departments and stakeholders. This position is for a two-year contract.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop variety of questions and answer points for insurance-based tests and examinations following established practices (English or French as required).
- Create and maintain a portfolio of question banks and answer points and update as needed.
- Conduct a review of examination questions in English and French, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Create exam blueprints as required and adhere to blueprint guidelines when developing exams.
- Provide training on question development and review activities by facilitating workshops, developing training presentations and providing feedback, as necessary.
- Collaborate with department staff (colleagues, translation, content development team and other stakeholders) on question development and review activities.
- Review statistical data and update questions and answer points to ensure question fairness and accuracy.
- Review and optimize processes and workflows to align with examination standards and work with Manager, Examinations Development to implement continuous improvements.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of exams and ensuring that all exam development activities are conducted according to schedule.
- Develop project plans and interact with staff and SMEs to fulfill deliverables.
- Work with Manager, Examinations Development to escalate issues and to ensure exams development processes are maintained.
- Act as resource for examinations related queries by students, colleagues or stakeholders
- Assist with other department functions as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATONS
- Insurance industry knowledge and experience
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, Dynamic and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to quickly learn and work with new software (e.g., item authoring and administration software)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Taking initiative
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate Degree
- CIP designation
- Fluency in English and French
- At least 3 years full-time experience in insurance related role (Claims, Broker/Agent, Underwriting)
- Experience with testing and evaluation an asset Work location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This is a hybrid employment mode with 8 days per month working in-person in the office and the remaining days working from home.
Work Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
To apply: Qualified applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume prior to Febaruary 12, 2024 to Amanda Graham at email@example.com
The Insurance Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.