Customer Service Representative
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
For more than 100 years, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to over 1 million businesses worldwide. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
At CNA, we do not just employ people, we provide people with fulfilling careers with many opportunities and room for growth within the industry. We are a company that is constantly evolving and we take pride in our culture and values. When you join the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. CNA is committed to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company.
We are focused on success, individually and collectively. Our dedication to employee engagement and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, have enabled us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Each person at CNA plays an important role in the success of our business, join us and make an impact!
Job Profile Summary
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the overall purpose and objective of this position is to act as a general support person for underwriting and branch administrative activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Issuing Manual Policies and Endorsements (Marine, P&C, SBU International, Automobile)
- Booking Premium in Senator / Premium System Billing
- Entering Name Clearance & Submissions in Policy issuance System (Canadian and US Systems)
- Renewal Lists Creation
- Auto Rating; New and Renewal Policies
- Pulling Loss History and D&B
- Policy Issuance Distribution
- Uploading Applications, Policies and Correspondence to e-File
- Updating Broker Record in Policy Systems (CCIS / Senator)
- Monthly Closing Activities
- Monitoring Outlook Folder Incoming Request / Centralized Inboxes
- Monitoring System Access Requests, Reset Passwords and Claims Authority Limits
- Booking Bordereaux (from various sources)
- Correcting Reporting Errors in IBC's Website
- Ordering Motor Vehicle Reports
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A University/College diploma and/or a minimum of 2-3 years Customer Service experience in an office environment is an asset.
- Previous Underwriting support services experience is an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must possess a strong customer service focus and have an ability to resolve problems with customers
- Must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment meeting specific deadlines, while demonstrating good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent Word and Excel skills and other business-related software
- Ability to work both independently within a team environment with minimal supervision
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
· A competitive salary
· An annual performance bonus
· A pension plan
· Flexible work hours
· Top of the line medical and dental insurance
· And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.