Customer Service Representative (Underwriting)- Halifax
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada's premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It's insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) role is a processing role i.e. data entry. Entering new policy info into our computer system, renewal info, change requests etc. and making sure applicable policy documents go out quickly and accurately. Other duties may include some filing, responding to client questions/issues regarding policy documents, working with underwriting to make sure all information is correct etc. CSR's act as the 2nd set of eyes as well make sure policy documents go out accurately and adhering to guidelines. It's fast paced, detail oriented and lots to learn as there can be variance in how documents are processed depending on type of document, etc. Therefore, work ethic, detail orientation, communication skills, team player and being able to be fast are all key elements. The CSR will also provide timely, knowledgeable and professional service to our Brokers, Client Companies and MGA's within our underwriting guidelines. This position is in our Halifax Office.
- Processes and inputs various orders within company guidelines.
- Responds to incoming calls and provides telephone support to customers.
- Performs some basic underwriting functions.
- Checks, assembles and distributes orders.
- Maintains electronic records.
- Provides support to office personnel and is responsible for office mail.
- Understanding and evaluating EB exposures on new and existing business.
- Pricing these risks with appropriate terms, conditions, deductibles in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Ordering inspections; responding to underwriting referrals.
- Occasional participation in client facing marketing activities or meetings as well as industry events.
- Other responsibilities as may be required.
- Secondary school education plus 1-3 years of business experience.
- Enrollment in CIP program with expectation of program completion.
- Solid general computer skills.
- Good mathematical skills and attention to detail a must.
- Good memory and concentration ability.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Able to work independently. Practiced negotiation skills
- Self-starter who is highly motivated
- Previous experience in the insurance industry preferred.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this. We will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CSRH0221-BW and please click the link: Apply Here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.