We are looking for an experienced Commercial Lines Underwriter with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Commercial Property Underwriting.
The Portage la Prairie Mutual Insurance Company was organized October 2, 1884, based on the underlying principles of security, integrity, hard work and personalized service. Over the years, we've made a lot of changes in the way we do business. We've expanded our products and services and built a reputation as one of the most responsive property and casualty insurers in Canada. But the underlying principles that guide our company -and the friendly, small town style of doing business- remain the same.
As a 100 per cent Canadian-owned mutual insurance company, the success of Portage Mutual depends upon serving policyholders with fairness, and showing genuine concern for their security. We do this by providing reasonably priced, flexible insurance products and by supporting our brokers with exemplary service.
At Portage Mutual, we believe that doing business with integrity never goes out of style. It is as important today as it was when we began over 136 years ago, and it is part of what makes Portage Mutual customers so loyal.
If you are:
- detail and solution oriented;
- organized and focused in a fast-paced environment
- continually striving for success; then Portage Mutual is looking for you!
- Underwriting new business and existing business which entails renewals & endorsements.
- Quoting involving risk assessment within company guidelines while adhering to strict timelines.
- Ordering of inspections and advising brokers of risk issues and ensuring completion of recommendations as required.
- Develop and manage broker relationships including production visits in order to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work independently and be team oriented to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, presentation & negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Performs well in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years underwriting experience
- Successful completion of a University Degree or College Diploma from the Insurance Program
- Working towards or successful completion of the CIP designation