Commercial Account Manager
About Risk Balance
Since our launch as a commercial insurance brokerage in 2016, Risk Balance has established itself as a leader in knowledge-based sectors including technology, life sciences, and non-governmental organizations. We support some of the most innovative and fastest growing companies in the Ottawa region and across Canada, helping them manage their complex risks and contractual requirements.
Our unique model is based on providing personalized service, supported by a highly qualified and experienced team. This approach brings tremendous value to our clients, who have rewarded us with exceptional loyalty and countless referrals, driving our continuous growth.
We strive to provide an inclusive and welcoming work environment in which transparency and open communication are strongly valued. Employees have a high level of autonomy in their roles and are provided with best-in-class technology tools.
Our office is located in Westboro, Ottawa - a fun and trendy neighbourhood surrounded by coffee shops, restaurants and boutiques. The location is easily accessible by public transit and parking is available.
We provide excellent employment conditions which include:
- Competitive compensation;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Career development;
- Fitness/employee wellness subsidy;
- Group benefits insurance program;
- Group RRSP program with matching contributions.
Throughout the pandemic our offices have remained closed and full support is provided for staff to work comfortably and efficiently from home. We plan on providing continued flexibility around employee's preferred workplace post-pandemic.
About the Position
We are looking for a positive and professional individual to join our team as Account Manager. To succeed in this position, you must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and passionate about exceptional client service. The role will involve intricate collaboration with other team members, particularly the Account Administrator and Account Executive.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of predominantly technology industry clients, building relationships based on trust and expertise.
- Handling overall account management, including renewals, mid-term changes, remarketing, contract reviews and claims.
- Working closely with the Account Executive in identifying client exposures, strategizing on program structure, and recommending ongoing coverage improvements.
- Collaborating with the Account Administrator to coordinate documentation requirements and identify overall account support needs.
- Actively participating in new client opportunities, including analyzing pre-existing insurance programs and formulating recommended improvements.
- Developing professional relationships with underwriters and negotiating on a win-win basis.
- RIBO license required (or to be obtained within 4 months of employment).
- A minimum of 5 years commercial insurance experience.
- Completion of University degree is preferred.
- Bilingualism (English/French), while not mandatory, would be a significant asset for this position.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ablility to build and maintain positive relationships with key business partners and clients.
- Comfortable with problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Aptitude towards teamwork and adaptability.
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all those who apply however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.