Claims Specialist (Bodily Injury) – Level 2
What will you do as part of the team:
- Accountable for claims at all transaction levels including, coverage interpretation, evaluation, reserve adjustments, payments, written and verbal communication, expert requirements and internal reporting requirements
- Consults as required for authority requests with respect to payments and incurred handling
- Supports, where required, the Underwriting and Finance department on claim development explanation and risk considerations
- Reviews claims queries and complaints and takes action, where necessary, escalates complexities
- Identifies and promotes suggestions to improve processes and quality of service
- Supports, where required, the resolution of consumer and/or broker complaints
- Seeks to ensure fulfillment of claims satisfaction with insured's through investigative technique and work towards correcting deficiencies where possible
- Supports technical training to internal staff and external broker partners
- Communicates company positioning on issues to insured's, brokers and vendor partners
- Supports, where required, the investigation of competitive claims practices and customer satisfaction initiatives in the marketplace
What you need to succeed:
- Completion of College Diploma or University degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive insurance experience, with a strong focus on Bodily Injury claims
- Working towards or completion of Certified Insurance Professional designation
- Working knowledge of reinsurance restrictions of reinsurance treaty
- Working comprehension of reserve calculation and exposure
- Working knowledge of how to assess future care costs, future loss of income and structured settlements
- Comfortable reviewing and interpreting medical reports, clinical notes and insurer examination reports, including medical terminology and prognosis language
- Working understanding of Ontario SABS Regulations
- Proficient understanding and interpretation of all relevant regulations, including the Insurance Act, Occupiers Liability Act, Dog Owners Liability act and case law decisions
- Great organizational skills and ability to multitask is required
- Thorough attention to detail is a must to ensure accuracy of claims documents
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations when determining payable benefits
- Effective communication skills: verbal, non-verbal and written
- Ability to exercise integrity, confidentiality and empathy when dealing with members and colleagues
- Strong problem solving skills and negotiation skills are required for this position
- Strong computer literacy, proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and Internet navigation.
Premium Perks for you:
- Remote work with flexible office hoteling options
- Discount on Home and Auto insurance
- Extensive flexible benefits program to meet your individual needs
- Employer contributions to Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Corporate Wellness program to promote and support a healthy lifestyle
- 35 hour work week with Flex Hours option
- Paid volunteer days
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Education & Development opportunities
If after reading this, you are excited about the opportunity to join our team, then visit commonwell.totalhire.com. Submit your application by March 15, 2021.
JOIN THE #Commonwell Crew! We saved you a spot!
Accommodations: The Commonwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring barrier free employment practices. Should you require workplace accommodation, please let us know, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We are proud to be recognized as a Great Place To Work!
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.