Claims Administrator (On-site, Office-based)
The MEARIE Group - a company with a great history and an even more exciting future.
A company that reaches more Ontario residents working in the energy sector than any other. A company where the customer experience matters. A company with passion, potential and people who can and do make it happen.
We want enthusiastic and energetic people who can deliver and thrive in a customer-driven, high-performing culture. People that demonstrate a commitment to continuously invent, reinvent, and grow our business. We have great ambitions for both our company and for the energy sector here in Ontario.
Be part of The MEARIE Group and help us drive our business forward.
What we offer
- Stimulating and rewarding work, within a tight-knit, office-based organization
- The opportunity to grow professionally, gain exposure to a variety of aspects of our business, and help contribute to the future of the organization
- Competitive base salary
- Company-wide Incentive (bonus) program
- Defined benefit pension plan (OMERS)
- Comprehensive 100% employer-paid extended health and dental benefits including travel coverage
- Paid vacation plus personal/sick days
- Paid end-of-year company 'shutdown' period
The Claims Administrator is part of the claims team comprised of a Claims Manager and overseen by a member of the executive team. The incumbent provides administration and adjusting support to the Claims Unit.
- Updates and maintains various software programs, websites and files associated with the Unit's products
- Reviews and verifies claims and reserve information for accuracy and authorization
- Processes paperwork associated with claim approval and denial process
- Assists with regulatory filing by preparing reconciliations, reports, etc.
- Interacts with consultants and various suppliers relating to the Unit's products
- Acts as the customer service representative by providing product knowledge and expertise for products delivered by the Unit
- Processes claims in a timely, professional, and efficient manner including analyzing, investigating, and processes payment on files
- Participates in policy coverage and liability discussions
- Investigates and evaluates incidents that may lead to claims and provides settlement recommendations
- Responds to Subscriber inquiries on coverage and policy provisions with respect to status of claims or any other inquiries
- Establishes good working relationships with Subscribers to ensure excellent customer service and efficient management of claims
- Other duties as assigned.
- College diploma
- 2 years insurance industry experience including basic claims adjusting knowledge
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Strong database and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, high energy team player
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.